ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony Letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fqvision

Ceremony Letter

Post by fqvision » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:18 am

I received my approval on 03-03-2015, but still I didn't received my Ceremony Letter
Any one advice how long it will take??

Thanks

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Re: Ceremony Letter

Post by akhurshid » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:48 am

fqvision wrote:I received my approval on 03-03-2015, but still I didn't received my Ceremony Letter

Thanks
Call your local registrar's office and ask them.

fqvision

Post by fqvision » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:37 am

akhurshid wrote:
fqvision wrote:I received my approval on 03-03-2015, but still I didn't received my Ceremony Letter

Thanks

do i receive from Local Council or from Home office?

jamesjames

Post by jamesjames » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:06 pm

fqvision wrote:
akhurshid wrote:

Thanks

do i receive from Local Council or from Home office?

It should come from the local council whose details you filled in your form. Call them and ask to speak to the citizenship officer. She/he will ask you for the poll number on your approval letter which you received from HO and they will then inform you of when the next ceremony is. You can then inform them you would prefer a private ceremony if thats what you want and they will arrange this for you. This was what I did in my case.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:15 pm

jamesjames wrote:It should come from the local council whose details you filled in your form.
A quick question for you, which may not be directly related to what the OP needs, but thought I'd ask. I've just filled my form which I'm due to submit next week. However I've not seen anywhere to fill in local council details. Did you mention this under the further information section as an explicit request for the ceremony to be held at a particular council? Or have I missed something on the form?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:19 pm

cs95tdg wrote:A quick question for you, which may not be directly related to what the OP needs, but thought I'd ask. I've just filled my form which I'm due to submit next week. However I've not seen anywhere to fill in local council details. Did you mention this under the further information section as an explicit request for the ceremony to be held at a particular council? Or have I missed something on the form?
It is automatically sent to the council in which you live. There is no need to mention the details on the form. You only mention details if you want to attend a completely different council in a different area/town to where you live.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:A quick question for you, which may not be directly related to what the OP needs, but thought I'd ask. I've just filled my form which I'm due to submit next week. However I've not seen anywhere to fill in local council details. Did you mention this under the further information section as an explicit request for the ceremony to be held at a particular council? Or have I missed something on the form?
It is automatically sent to the council in which you live. There is no need to mention the details on the form. You only mention details if you want to attend a completely different council in a different area/town to where you live.

Many thanks for the clarification.

jamesjames

Post by jamesjames » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:13 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
jamesjames wrote:It should come from the local council whose details you filled in your form.
A quick question for you, which may not be directly related to what the OP needs, but thought I'd ask. I've just filled my form which I'm due to submit next week. However I've not seen anywhere to fill in local council details. Did you mention this under the further information section as an explicit request for the ceremony to be held at a particular council? Or have I missed something on the form?
No, there is no where to fill in th local council details as they will automatically send it to your own local council. In my case, I work away from home and specifically requested ( in the blank sheet ) that I would prefer to have my ceremony near where I work and they granted me my request.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:58 pm

jamesjames wrote:
No, there is no where to fill in th local council details as they will automatically send it to your own local council. In my case, I work away from home and specifically requested ( in the blank sheet ) that I would prefer to have my ceremony near where I work and they granted me my request.
Section 1.21 of AN form asks you if you want to attend ceremony elsewhere and details of that council can be provided under this section.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:09 pm

akhurshid wrote:
jamesjames wrote:
Section 1.21 of AN form asks you if you want to attend ceremony elsewhere and details of that council can be provided under this section.
Thank you both. Yes, I've just noticed that question, I seem to have skipped it when filling the form, most probably because I didn't want my ceremony in a different council, but I completely forgot ever seeing/reading that question until you just pointed that out.