ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) ILR SET (O) Evidence of Absence from UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NARMAK
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) ILR SET (O) Evidence of Absence from UK

Post by NARMAK » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:44 am

Hello

I am on Tier 1 (General) and applying for ILR next month. During the last 5 years my total absence from UK is only 37 days.
15 Paid Annual Holidays in 2011, visited back home to see family and friend
15 Paid Annual Holidays in 2013, visited back home to see family and friend
7 Unpaid Holidays in 2014, visited back home to see family and friend

My questions is
Do I still need to provide evidence from employer?
If yes,
Does employer need to confirm I spend these holidays outside country? I did not inform my employer ever where I would spend my holidays inside or outside country. My employer maximum will confirm I was on annual statutory holidays during those days. Is that OK?
What evidence shall I provide for my Unpaid Holidays taken in 2014 because during that time I was contractor (Agency worker) no paid holidays allowed to as such?

Any senior members please respond.

Many Thanks

pranav.vaidya

Re: Tier 1 (General) ILR SET (O) Evidence of Absence from UK

Post by pranav.vaidya » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:10 pm

Hi,

First of all I don't think you'll have an issue as your leave from the UK is less than 180 days.

You can ask for a letter from your ex-employer confirming your start and end dates of employment and also that "they don't track personal leave and travel, hence can't confirm your absence"

If you operated through a limited company as a Director you can give self attested letter.

All the best.

NARMAK
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 (General) ILR SET (O) Evidence of Absence from UK

Post by NARMAK » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:45 pm

Thanks. your reply sound good. will do that