ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NON EEA family member without PR,Apply for Naturalization!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

martin54

NON EEA family member without PR,Apply for Naturalization!!

Post by martin54 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:10 pm

Hi all
I am non eea family member of EU.i lived in the UK since feb 2010, that completed 5yrs of residency and my wife got British Passport since 2013 and i applied for my Naturalization (AN) this month with all required documents without PR stamp but i am really worried if HO will grant my application because i did not apply PR first. Pls any advice will put smile to my face.

Martin

jamesjames

Re: NON EEA family member without PR,Apply for Naturalizatio

Post by jamesjames » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:23 pm

martin54 wrote:Hi all
I am non eea family member of EU.i lived in the UK since feb 2010, that completed 5yrs of residency and my wife got British Passport since 2013 and i applied for my Naturalization (AN) this month with all required documents without PR stamp but i am really worried if HO will grant my application because i did not apply PR first. Pls any advice will put smile to my face.

Martin
You should be fine as long as you included in your documents/ application your partner's PR certificate as this will prove you have automatic PR. If you didn't include these, I believe your application will not be successful. I am in a similar situation like you, non EEA partner of an EEA national. I didn't have PR but my wife had and she already had her BC as well by the time I applied. I just got my approval, within 5 weeks. I included her PR certificate in addition to her British passport. If you didn't include her PR, I would advise you send it to them, including your reference number.

martin54

Post by martin54 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:57 am

Hi James,
Thanks for your response. My wife did not obtain PR card but she qualified for 6yrs of residency and got naturalization automatically when she applied.however,I included her Naturalization certificate,her eea national Identity card and complete photocopy of her BC passport as HO stated on the AN form. pls any advice to send original passport to them or the photocopy will be enough? Can you pls list the documents you provided with your application? I just applied 2 days ago and I dont have Reference no yet.

Many Thanks

maxmelion

Post by maxmelion » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:25 am

From my knowldge ur wife obtained automatickly pr as she had already bc bcos they wont grant bc without pr so o believe u will be fine but if i were u i would apply pr first to not be worry so u accepted the risk so u will suffer from worry till u got bc
so dnt worry u will b fine

andyleo7109
Newly Registered

Post by andyleo7109 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:53 am

As long as I know you as a non EEA do not qualify for nationality after 5 years.
After qualifying 5 years you able to get PR but you have to wait another year to qualify for British nationality and have to pass life in UK exam.
Feb.2010 clock started
Feb.2015 PR
Feb.2016 would be date for naturalisation
Please correct me gurus if I'm wrong.

maxmelion

Post by maxmelion » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:04 am

andyleo7109 wrote:As long as I know you as a non EEA do not qualify for nationality after 5 years.
After qualifying 5 years you able to get PR but you have to wait another year to qualify for British nationality and have to pass life in UK exam.
Feb.2010 clock started
Feb.2015 PR
Feb.2016 would be date for naturalisation
Please correct me gurus if I'm wrong.
If the Eea waz granted bc so the non can apply for bc after 5 years qualify in uk .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:28 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

liane25

Post by liane25 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:36 pm

I am in similar situation and any information would be appreciated. I would be applying in couple of months and I start to prepare my papers little by little. l am truly grateful about this site as I learn a lot from those sharing their experiences :D