ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing Closing Date on Jobcentre Plus

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ower
Newly Registered

Missing Closing Date on Jobcentre Plus

Post by ower » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:41 pm

Hello everybody,
My prospective employer has posted the position on the Jobcentre Plus to carry out RLMT. (28 days)
However, I have realized that closing date of the ad. isn't mentioned on the post. Is it gonna be problem? If yes,
Can we edit the post or do we need to advertise the position again?

jashds

Re: Missing Closing Date on Jobcentre Plus

Post by jashds » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:53 pm

Sorry I am not discouraging you. Just sharing my experience.

If you repost on JobCentre plus it will amend the start date to the date you posted the Job with closing date.

Same thing happened with me and I had to wait for 28 more days from the date of change and yes, end date is quite important in the JobCentre plus ad.

ower
Newly Registered

Post by ower » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:31 am

Hi jashds,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I got in contact with HR about the issue and They replied me back saying they have already entered a closing date but it isn't shown on the advert itself. They claimed they could provide a proof of the closing date if UKVI requires it. Is it the way how it works out or do they need to post the vacancy again?

Vimalkiran
Newly Registered

Post by Vimalkiran » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:14 am

Ower

Please see below link

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-14.pdf

It states there clearly on page 102

The standard period for an advertisement to run on Universal Jobmatch is 60 days, but you can set earlier closing dates.The closing date for applications won’t be visible unless it is included in the job description so if you advertise a job with a closing date of less than 60 days, you must make sure that it is stated in the job description

Hope this helps

7mountains
Newly Registered

Post by 7mountains » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:37 am

Hi Ower,

I am currently in a similar situation as you are. My employer applied for my restricted cos on the 19th March 2015. UKVI requested for additional documents and my company sent them promptly. Ideally my company should have received a decision on April15th allocation date. But the status in the SMS still reads "Under Review". I have been following your threads in this forum, I am aware that your company applied a restricted cos in January 2015 and your cos was under review status for quiet a while as well. Can you let me know if that CoS was rejected or your company withdrew the application for restricted cos and reapplied again. Please share your experience.

Would appreciate your prompt response.

Thanks in Advance.

7mountains
Newly Registered

Post by 7mountains » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:42 am

Ower,

Could please reply to my earlier question.

Thanks in Advance.