ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa refused, please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ali1975

Spouse Visa refused, please help

Post by Ali1975 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:25 am

My friend got ILR on the 10 years long residency basis and his wife and Pakistan born son came in UK as his dependents around 5 years ago under the old rules. He thought his wife FLR(M) visa comes under the old rules 2 years route as and he is exempt to show £22400 gross income and he applied for FLR (M) visa at PEO Croydon but his visa is refused due to not meeting the income threshold.

last year , I know any one applying under the old rules before 12 July 2012 not require to show financial requirements.

did rules changed now?

Please share some information, thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa refused, please help

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:33 am

It is because he applied for ILR based on 10 years long residence. The rules for PBS dependents of ILR applicants in this category changed in April last year. The financial requirement must be met. Your friend would have been better off applying via the 5 year route with his family.

Read through this thread, specifically to see the comments regarding the changes.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 41973.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.