ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Parents EU1 Application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gismanchester

Re: Dependant Parents EU1 Application

Post by gismanchester » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:47 am

HI Every one

My parents application is approved, thanks all of you for your support and advice specially Brigid of Ireland.

Now we are waiting for call from our local Garda Office to issue residence cards.

any one have any idea how long they take ? also i got job offer in Galway, do i need to inform them or not ?

Thanks

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:59 am

Send them an e-mail with a scanned copy of your first payslip from the job in Galway and giving your new address in Galway. Thank them for approving your parents application and explain that you are forwarding your new address in case they need it, with attached scanned payslip as proof of new job. Then you have the copy of the e-mail as proof that you gave them your new address.

Delighted to hear the application was approved.

When you move to Galway and rent property, make sure your parents are included on the lease and/or bills, if possible. This is because they are eligible to apply for Irish citizenship after 5 years of legal residence, and the citizenship section may look for proof of address in the form of bills/ptrb registration, as your parents are not working.

Continue the payment of a small sum in maintenance to their account each week, and make sure they take it out regularly. When they get citizenship they can apply for the non con old age pension (not before citizenship, as they must be dependent on you in order to reside here as non-EU).

It is also a very good idea for your parents to join some local activity, so that there is someone outside the family willing to confirm that they continue to live in Ireland. So for example if they are religious and attend religious services once a week, their local religious leader can write a letter saying he sees them at services each week, if this is later needed.
It is also a good idea for them to join the local library and take out one book every week or two, as this is more proof that they live in Ireland, and it is also free. If they don't speak English just get books on cooking for mum.
BL

gismanchester

Post by gismanchester » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:21 pm

Many thank for reply Brigid from Ireland,

i will send them payslip as per your advice and enroll my parents in Library as well.

but i got one problem now i have already visit local Garda office third time but immigration officer told me that they haven't received any letter despite EU Treaty Department confirmed that they have send letter already, and it could take up to 6 months for issue my parents residence cards which make me very upset, so i was wondering that can i go to Dublin INIS Office as they do on same day ?

or could i change my address in Dublin ask Ministry of Justice to send letter to Dublin office, as my job in Galway will be temporary basis.

thanks

azee92
Newly Registered

Post by azee92 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:05 pm

Hi guys,
I have just recently moved to Dublin from UK and want to use my treaty rights to bring my family over to ireland to stay with me.
Since you guys all have done this and know exactly what to expect and what to provide can you please help me as well.

its been just over a month and hopefully I should be starting to work soon.
The major thing I need to provide is the proof of dependency right?

gismanchester I hope it all worked out well for you and your parents. If you could also guide me through this would be very much appreciated.

thanks