ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with apply naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Orange12
Newly Registered

Help with apply naturalisation

Post by Orange12 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:16 pm

Hi,

Can you please help with providing advise?

I came to UK on Jun 2011 with tier 1 general dependant visa. Jun 2013 got the Settlement. My spouse become British Last month.

I read the FAQ it says

"If one applicant meets the 5 years residence requirement but the spouse doesn’t, then once the applicant is granted BC (after the citizenship ceremony), the spouse becomes a spouse of BC and can apply for naturalisation under the 3 years residence requirements."

When the 3 years clock starts ? When i arrived in UK or the day my spouse got Citizenship Ceremony.

what are options for to apply the naturalisation

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help with apply naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:25 pm

When i arrived in UK
That is the date to count and you can apply now on the basis of 3 years spouse of BC. If you apply on the basis of 3 years, you need to make 100% sure that you were physically present in the UK exactly 3 years ago on the same date that HO receives your application. English Level B1 and Life in the UK is required. Application form is also form AN.

Fees go up on 6th April to £1005. Current fee till 5th April is £906.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Orange12
Newly Registered

Post by Orange12 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:33 pm

Many Thanks CR001

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:39 pm

You are welcome. Feel free to ask if you have more questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.