ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Effects of DV on ILR (10 years Route)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aliarmughan
Newly Registered

Effects of DV on ILR (10 years Route)

Post by aliarmughan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Hello
I'm asking a question on behalf of my friend who is not a registered member on this forum.
He had a history of DV in HO & Police records, but nothing was proved against him. Actually, his wife who was on his dependant visa called police few times just to scare him by calling 999 from land line phone, but deny that there was something going on when police arrived at home after tracing the address of the anonymous call.
Then she applied for Asylum on same grounds, but again without any proof. She put the weight in her claim by referring to those police calls as well which are still in police records. This happened few years ago and now both of them have started to live together.
Can some one inform me that will it make any bad effect on his ILR application as he applied on 10 years basis 6 months ago, but didn't get any decision on his application. He called home office few times as 6 months period has already passed, but Home office didn't tell any thing to him and asked him to wait until they decide his application.
Do you think they are just holding his application due to his DV history,which was not proved though?
Apart from this, his application is pretty straight forward.

aliarmughan
Newly Registered

Re: Effects of DV on ILR (10 years Route)

Post by aliarmughan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:56 pm

Can any senior member answer the question I have asked please?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:06 pm

Should have no bearing. Ask the MP to chase the application once 6 months have passed. She won't have claimed Aslyum for DV.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

aliarmughan
Newly Registered

Post by aliarmughan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:39 am

Amber wrote:Should have no bearing. Ask the MP to chase the application once 6 months have passed. She won't have claimed Aslyum for DV.
Thank you Amber for your reply. Just one more question about his case.When his wife on Discretionary leave and was living by her own, she claimed all the benefits which she could, but stopped when she started to live with her husband. Do you think that it has no bearing on my friend's ILR application as he never claimed any benefits?
He is doing a very good job and hence paying more than £10,000 tax annually.