ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

waiz89k

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by waiz89k » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:58 am

Thesmalik wrote:
waiz89k wrote:
Maxwell wrote:To all who are unhappy with HO.

Why not contact journalists as well? Especially Labour media, like Guardian newspaper, for example?

Maybe we could create like a collective or individual letter(s), so they could write a good article about all this mess?
that is the good idea as well.
hi pls do something, i am with you and i was looking for a way to ask home office about these delays but find nothing but you guys r good , pls do something
That is why we r getting together here to raise this issue.

T51820 what do u suggest can be a good idea/platform to raise this issue?

I think press and politicians would be interested in this as HO is making more than 300% profit and giving patheticaly low standard service. and maxwell has the point as well.

once it is published or reached the right platform then even they dont like it they have to do something about it.

Kwagga
Newly Registered

Post by Kwagga » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:41 am

Tbh I applied 17/02/2015 and 2 others got the approval but I'm still waiting. I know it's unfair and it's frustrating but it's down to the case handlers own discretion. To those who got they're approvals. Well done!! I'll just have to wait for my turn. :shock:

Thesmalik
Newly Registered

Post by Thesmalik » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:58 am

Maybe we could create like a collective or individual letter(s), so they could write a good article about all this mess?[/quote]

that is the good idea as well.[/quote]

hi pls do something, i am with you and i was looking for a way to ask home office about these delays but find nothing but you guys r good , pls do something[/quote]

That is why we r getting together here to raise this issue.

T51820 what do u suggest can be a good idea/platform to raise this issue?

I think press and politicians would be interested in this as HO is making more than 300% profit and giving patheticaly low standard service. and maxwell has the point as well.

once it is published or reached the right platform then even they dont like it they have to do something about it.[/quote]

so where are we now, my story is that i applied for ILR on same day with full fee and i got my ILR after almost 10 months and now after 1 month of my ILR i applied for nationality n was thinking that all the checks are already done so it will be a straight forward case but its now 4 n half months and nothing, my friends applied after me n they r get their approvals in 3 weeks or a month but i dono why home office is not taking it serious and doing it first come first serve basis... i agree with every thing u said pls do something asap so we get relief

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:42 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:
everyday_4_u wrote:Method of Application: NCS (Edinburgh)
Date of Application: 21-01-2015
Eligibility Criteria : Spouse (3 years)
Application Received Date: 22-01-2015
Payment Method and Clearance: CC cleared on 29-01-2015
Date Of Acknowledgment: 02-02-2015 Letter dated (28-01-2015)
Approval: Waiting :? :? :? :? :?
Date Of Ceremony: Waiting :roll: :roll:

Just wanted to know, what happens if the naturalization approval letter doesn't reach the recipient (lost in transit)? I know homeoffice won't reply on the progress of the application until six months from the date of application.

Does any one have any experience where they contacted home office after six months and found out that the application was actually approved long time ago but never received the approval letter?
If you are really worried about your post you can send a return special delivery envelope to ukvi & they will use that to send your decision letter. I had done the same.

It's a bit too late for that isn't it?

iconavdeep

Post by iconavdeep » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:56 pm

everyday_4_u wrote:Method of Application: NCS (Edinburgh)
Date of Application: 21-01-2015
HO using second class post.

We can complain this as after taking 906 pound they can surely afford to use first class post.
===================
Eligibility Criteria : Spouse (3 years)
Application Received Date: 22-01-2015
Payment Method and Clearance: CC cleared on 29-01-2015
Date Of Acknowledgment: 02-02-2015 Letter dated (28-01-2015)
Approval: Waiting :? :? :? :? :?
Date Of Ceremony: Waiting :roll: :roll:

I would like to know from those people who have received famous approval brown envelop. Does Home Office post it recorded delivery or 2nd class post? Because i am thinking of possibility of loosing approval (brown letter) in post if it send out always as second class than Royal Mail also do not carefully handle second class posts. I do not know how to get this confirm if my approval has lost in post or still under consideration? Any ideas guies.....
Its been almost two months since i applied and have been observing that mostly January and Feb applicants have received their approval already. I believe my case is straight forward but still waiting which is fine to wait as i understand Home Office guide time is six months and few people have been waiting over 8 months. I am only concerning about lost of second class post.

Poya11

Post by Poya11 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:08 pm

Re: June 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

I am waiting since 22/06/14

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:58 am

Poya11 wrote:Re: June 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

I was listening to the radio the other day and the presenter were saying "if u have any issue going on which needs to be addressed then I will provide the platform, i will raise and will debate on the issue with listeners input on my radio show."

purpose of the story is if we write a proper letter/email with fact n figures and give ref of john vine reports as well in it then it will definitly be heard and noticed.

Most important thing is how we will be explaining the facts n figures with some real case examples in it.

shall we start a new thread solely for this purpose and start writing letters and post them there so we can create the best one by taking all the facts from everyone's letter. what do u say members?

PAK321

Post by PAK321 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:53 am

waiz89k wrote:

I was listening to the radio the other day and the presenter were saying "if u have any issue going on which needs to be addressed then I will provide the platform, i will raise and will debate on the issue with listeners input on my radio show."

purpose of the story is if we write a proper letter/email with fact n figures and give ref of john vine reports as well in it then it will definitly be heard and noticed.

Most important thing is how we will be explaining the facts n figures with some real case examples in it.

shall we start a new thread solely for this purpose and start writing letters and post them there so we can create the best one by taking all the facts from everyone's letter. what do u say members?
I think the best way to start it by making complaint or comment directly to UKVI.
Where ever you go every one will ask did you make initial complaint with relevant authority? Do they officially knows about it?

I found complaint procedure in their website

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

What you guys suggesting?

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:23 am

PAK321 wrote:
waiz89k wrote:

I think the best way to start it by making complaint or comment directly to UKVI.
Where ever you go every one will ask did you make initial complaint with relevant authority? Do they officially knows about it?

I found complaint procedure in their website

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

What you guys suggesting?
Very correct and it can be even better, may b UKVI will think that people r after them and it can be disclosed to other mediums as well so UKVI probably will take some actions to sort the issue out.

we can decide the platform where to sart from later, firstly and importantly we need to get the proper and impressive writing of the complaint letter/email done. isnt it?

aumar

Post by aumar » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:57 am

Friends I'm very down today. I have a potential job offer from Qatar on three time more salary than my current. How could I proceed without knowing the status of my application? I can't go for something and sacrifice the other?

Any idea? I'm into 6 months and one week since they received by the big house.

Any idea how can we raise our voices? Radio? newspaper? Demonstration? Or complaints to UKVI?

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:41 pm

aumar wrote:Friends I'm very down today. I have a potential job offer from Qatar on three time more salary than my current. How could I proceed without knowing the status of my application? I can't go for something and sacrifice the other?

Any idea how can we raise our voices? Radio? newspaper? Demonstration? Or complaints to UKVI?
Is the salary amount going to affect your decision on which country you reside in? In my opinion that should be one of the last things to consider! Here in Britain we have much richer life than many other countries can offer. We have freedom of religion, speech, good environmental policies, healthcare benefits, health policies, tax policies, democracy.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:11 pm

happyguy82 wrote:
aumar wrote:Friends I'm very down today. I have a potential job offer from Qatar on three time more salary than my current. How could I proceed without knowing the status of my application? I can't go for something and sacrifice the other?

Is the salary amount going to affect your decision on which country you reside in? In my opinion that should be one of the last things to consider! Here in Britain we have much richer life than many other countries can offer. We have freedom of religion, speech, good environmental policies, healthcare benefits, health policies, tax policies, democracy.
To Happyguy82
The fact that Aumar is considering move to Qatar (or any other country) for that matter demonstrates that he is happy to accept what sacrifices (if any) he/she will be making. Point about sacrifices, they are something which is individual. the benefits you have mentioned for living in Britian may equally be countered by benefits in Qatar at an individual level. That is my opinion on your opinion.

To aumar
From a bit of experience in this, from the time you accept the offer to be in a position to fly out to Qatar, it could take anything from 3 to 6 months. So, if you are 100 per cent sure that this is your dream job offer which you may regret not accepting in future, consider accepting the offer. You can always delay after by asking for more information/clarification on the contract you receive after accepting the offer, this will buy you more time for citizenship approval.
Regarding Naturalisation application, as your 6 months are up, follow the usual steps, contact HO, get MP involved etc. to ensure that you have a response within 2/3 months maximum.

Res
Mood:
Romania

Post by Res » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:18 pm

I just been on the phone with HO...didn't received my acknowlegement letter and the guy said I'm on the system but my application is not yet allocated to a case worker and when it will be they will sent me one. They are slowwwww !!!!!

mavdi

Post by mavdi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:27 pm

Res wrote:I just been on the phone with HO...didn't received my acknowlegement letter and the guy said I'm on the system but my application is not yet allocated to a case worker and when it will be they will sent me one. They are slowwwww !!!!!
When did you apply?

Res
Mood:
Romania

Post by Res » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:28 pm

mavdi wrote:
Res wrote:I just been on the phone with HO...didn't received my acknowlegement letter and the guy said I'm on the system but my application is not yet allocated to a case worker and when it will be they will sent me one. They are slowwwww !!!!!
When did you apply?
23/02/15

mavdi

Post by mavdi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:57 pm

Res wrote:
mavdi wrote:
When did you apply?
23/02/15
That's very strange. Such a random hit and miss. A few people applying around that time have got their approvals already! It's very frustrating but we can't do much expect wait.

roc_wab
Newly Registered

Post by roc_wab » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:11 pm

Res wrote:
mavdi wrote:
When did you apply?
23/02/15
Hi Res,
I am in the same situation. HO received the application on 04-Mar and money deducted on 08-Mar but no ack.. can you tell me which number you called.. Thanks and good luck,..

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:06 pm

happyguy82 wrote:

another benefit is we r getting treated unfair even after paying £906 fee. Kudos to HO.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:11 pm

We have to write a proper compaint letter first and then we can raise it to any platform and it will be noticed as long as it is worthy of being noticed. So important thing is FACTUAL & IMPRESSIVE COMPLAINT LETTER.

John28058980
Newly Registered

Post by John28058980 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:47 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 years Tier(1) + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: Life in the UK + have already met requirement with settlement application on or after 28/10/2013 (non-UK Bachelors degree with points based calculator print out and university confirmation of English medium)
Method of application: NCS (Southwark)
Date of application: 16 March 2015
Date of receipt by HO: should be 17 March 2015 according to NCS
Payment method: credit card
Date of fees taken: TBC
Date of acknowledgment: TBC
Date approval received: TBC
Date of ceremony: TBC

Will update as my application progresses.

ryan1512lon

Post by ryan1512lon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:55 pm

ryan1512lon wrote:You can protest as much as you want, write letters, complaint... that won't change this : British citizenship is a privilege NOT a right. you can't argue with that, even if when they refuse an application, you can ask for reconsideration and not an appeal. I think this is very important that people understand these words : PRIVILEGE AND RECONSIDERATION.

When you pay £906 and send off your application, you have to agree with those 'terms'. It clearly says 'A decision about your application will usually be made within 6 months - some applications can take longer' AND 'While we try to deal with cases quickly this cannot be guaranteed'... Again you have to read the sentence properly and see the words 'usually' and 'cannot' it doesn't say they will, may, must, can, have to make a decision within 6 months, but 'usually'. The fact that they are using those words mean they can take as long as they want, even years if they have to. So you can protest but they are pretty much covered with that, the HO haven't misled anyone, are not late or anything, and complaining and protesting about 'delays' is pointless...

Another good example, is the good character requirement. While there is a 'definition' and a guidance for it. This doesn't limit the HO to apply certain rules, change or define the 'good character' in a different way. Like this has changed in December 2014, for anyone who has been in Britain illegally, overstayed etc (and probably causing the 'delays' and affecting a lot of applications as they have to start them over again), and this applies even for applications submitted BEFORE this change, and you cannot complaint about it because there is no accurate definition of the 'good character' requirements and the HO defines it, not the applicants.

To sum up, protesting, complaining, taking them court, won't affect or speed up your applications. Just take it easy, honestly, this is not worth stressing as most of you have ILR and have the same right as British citizen and can travel too. But you are free to do otherwise, not going to achieve anything though...

Good luck!

o_zee_sa
Newly Registered

Post by o_zee_sa » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:18 pm

What a long long long journey!

Dual application (married)

Citizenship: South African
Eligibility criteria: 6.5 years living in the UK (Ancestry visa & unmarried spouse. Married in SA on holiday, after moving to the UK). 1.5 years ILR
Method of application: NCS Southwark (Register office, Peckham Rd)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 18 Feb 2015
Date of debit of fees: Credit Card - Came off account 23 Feb 2015 (Was reserved for a few days before)
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 27 Feb 2015
Date of receipt of approval: 16 March 2015. Letter dated 7 March.
Date of Ceremony: 31st March 2015

Additional info that might be relevant. We're self-employed, and have been very careful to go nowhere near our days-out-of-the-country limit.

I hope that everyone waiting for so long has things resolved so far. My guess is there's a new system for things going forward, and they are working through the backlog on old applications. Best of luck.

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:44 pm

huqqapani wrote:
happyguy82 wrote:

To Happyguy82
The fact that Aumar is considering move to Qatar (or any other country) for that matter demonstrates that he is happy to accept what sacrifices (if any) he/she will be making. Point about sacrifices, they are something which is individual. the benefits you have mentioned for living in Britian may equally be countered by benefits in Qatar at an individual level. That is my opinion on your opinion.

To aumar
From a bit of experience in this, from the time you accept the offer to be in a position to fly out to Qatar, it could take anything from 3 to 6 months. So, if you are 100 per cent sure that this is your dream job offer which you may regret not accepting in future, consider accepting the offer. You can always delay after by asking for more information/clarification on the contract you receive after accepting the offer, this will buy you more time for citizenship approval.
Regarding Naturalisation application, as your 6 months are up, follow the usual steps, contact HO, get MP involved etc. to ensure that you have a response within 2/3 months maximum.
Fair enough... he doesn't have to answer to me, as long as he knows what he's doing :D

"For the love of money is the root of all evil"

hsmpjr
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpjr » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:32 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 1 Year ILR + 2 years Tier 1 General + 3 years HSMP
Method of application: NCS Swindon
Date of application: 23/02/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 24/02/2015
Date of debit of fees:02/03/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 03/03/2015(By E-Mail)
Date of receipt of approval:14/03/2015. letter dated 08/03/2015
Date of Ceremony:waiting

That is quick, all the best guys..

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:03 pm

hsmpjr wrote:Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 1 Year ILR + 2 years Tier 1 General + 3 years HSMP
Method of application: NCS Swindon
Date of application: 23/02/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 24/02/2015
Date of debit of fees:02/03/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 03/03/2015(By E-Mail)
Date of receipt of approval:14/03/2015. letter dated 08/03/2015
Date of Ceremony:waiting

That is quick, all the best guys..
Hi,

Congrats to you. Quick query, I'm guessing they debited the fees on Saturday 28/02 but only showed up on your bank account on Monday 02/03 right?