ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contractor Accountancy for ILR success

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

c0ntract0r
Newly Registered

Contractor Accountancy for ILR success

Post by c0ntract0r » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:42 am

Hi Respected members,

I am working as a contractor and use an accountancy firm for my accounts maintenance. I was reading the guidance and found out the following :
"
Where an applicant is providing evidence from an accountant or accountancy firm the accountant must be either a fully qualified chartered accountant or a certified accountant who is a member of a registered body. If the earnings were for work done while the applicant was in the UK, such evidence must come from an accountant or accountancy firm in the UK who is a member of a recognised supervisory body. These are: The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW); the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland (ICAS); the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI); the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA); the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA); the Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA); or the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). From 6 April 2014 members of the Association of International Accountants (AIA) are also members of a recognised supervisory body
"
I checked with my accountancy firm and they are not a member of any supervisory bodies mentioned above. Do I need to change my accountant ?
The firm is SJD accountancy so if anyone here has used them and had ILR success please let me know.

c0ntract0r
Newly Registered

Re: Contractor Accountancy for ILR success

Post by c0ntract0r » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:32 pm

Anyone ???

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:25 pm

Check with your accountancy firm. Or best bet would be to go for the ones HO wants. Better to be safe than sorry.

NARMAK
Newly Registered

Post by NARMAK » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:43 pm

No worries. They one of leading contractor Accountant. Just asked them when accountant singed you letter he also mention his membership number.

Chase53

Post by Chase53 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:32 pm

You don't need to worry, I used SJD Accountancy for 2 years and also got an extension with the letter they have provided. They are one of the top accountancy firms in UK. However they are a bit expensive then the rest of the accountancy firms out there.

megatop

Post by megatop » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:15 pm

Don't worry. The accountants who deal with day-to-day issues do not have professional qualification. They do have certified accountants belonging to a professional body in their head office. They will scrutinise the paperwork and sign and stamp the paperwork on behalf of the accountants.

I was in the same situation two years back and got it stamp by ACCA qualified accountant.

they might also ask you to pay for the service but do not fall prey. They charge us so much only to send quarterly reminder emails. Even economical small time accountants do these services free of charge.

PM me if you need any guidance in this regard.

wmazhar

Post by wmazhar » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:22 am

I used SJD two years ago
the company might not the certified but they have registered accountants who can sign for you
they charge me £150 for one letter
Applied: 11/03/2015
Approval: 04-04-2015 Dated 27/03/2015
Ceremony: 15-04-2015

c0ntract0r
Newly Registered

Post by c0ntract0r » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:18 pm

Thank you everyone for your responses ! Really appreciate the help on this forum.