ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Residence Permit Vs Work Permit.... PLS HELP!!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manenoor
BANNED

UK Residence Permit Vs Work Permit.... PLS HELP!!!

Post by manenoor » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:17 pm

Hi,

Can any one explain me what is difference b/w UK residence permit and work permit (extension)?

My employer applied for work permit extension for me a month ago. Last week it has been approved. Then my employer asked me to fill FLR IED form and they will submit my passport on my behalf for endorsement in HO. Yesterday I have received my passport with 5 yeas UK Residence Permit sticker.

Now I am confused as now they are saying you need to apply for the Visa (FLR IED). My question is why my employer asked me to agian submit FLR IED form. Should employer and employee both need to submit FLR IED separately.

Please respond as I am very confused

Thanks
Noor

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:19 pm

Who said you have to apply with the FLR(IED) again? Usually it is you who should do it once the extension to the work permit has been granted. But now since your employer has done it for you, you do not have to bother. The 5 year 'Residence Documentation' that you have recieved as an endorsement in your passport is the visa.
Jabi

manenoor
BANNED

Post by manenoor » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:47 pm

Just to double check. The UK residence permit is actually my work permit plus visa ?

Many thanks.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:07 pm

It is not WP plus visa but rather visa based on WP.

The distiction is important as, for example, you do leave your employer, your visa, inspite of it not actually expiring, will technically become invalid as you are no longer abiding on the basis of the WP. So, the cancellation of your WP will make your visa invalid.
Jabi

manenoor
BANNED

Post by manenoor » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:27 pm

Make sense.

I really appreciate your help and advice. I have been also confirmed by HO now.

Take care
Noor