ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:22 pm

tulip11 wrote:Mostly they dispatch the letters quite earlier then we receive it. After dispatching its not their task then everything depends on the courier service how fast they act ...
I hear you but its not about how late one gets it - its more to do with consistency - either email them (if one has supplied it), or sent them the letter - or both - Simply put, there should not be anyone who doesnt get the letter/acknowledgement at all (like jaweb mentioned above) :roll:
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:23 pm

jaweb wrote:You are right. When I applied for mine I have not received any email. Now my husband has and plus a letter too
So no need to worry ;-)
I am not overly worried about it - just that it seems odd - I couldnt care less if I dont get one at all, so long as I get my approval in timely manner :-)
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:53 pm

rakeysh.patel wrote:
tulip11 wrote:Mostly they dispatch the letters quite earlier then we receive it. After dispatching its not their task then everything depends on the courier service how fast they act ...
I hear you but its not about how late one gets it - its more to do with consistency - either email them (if one has supplied it), or sent them the letter - or both - Simply put, there should not be anyone who doesnt get the letter/acknowledgement at all (like jaweb mentioned above) :roll:
I am also thinking why do some gets email as well as by post ? Well we all are waiting for the second brown envelope hope it arrives by concord plane and knocks everyone door very soon :D

Tangie

Post by Tangie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:19 am

tulip11 wrote:
rakeysh.patel wrote:
I am also thinking why do some gets email as well as by post ? Well we all are waiting for the second brown envelope hope it arrives by concord plane and knocks everyone door very soon :D
I have not received any email or post from home office in regards to my naturalization application which I sent of on the 05-03-15. Can someone post a copy of the email as to what it looks like and who sent it please. :roll:

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:20 pm

As I wrote it earlier when I applied in October I have not received any email. So do not worry!
Attachments
2015-03-15 12.16.19.png
2015-03-15 12.16.19.png (396.83 KiB) Viewed 1342 times

JTF2007

Post by JTF2007 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:06 pm

Hi All,

Here is my time line,

Eligibility criteria: 10 years + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree)
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Stockport
Date of application:12/03/2015
Payment method:Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 13/03/2015
Date of acknowledgment: Waiting
Date of debit or clearance of fees: Waiting
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting

Will update you guys along the way.

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:55 am

any update ?

britishenglish

Post by britishenglish » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:59 am

Some people say that applicant with Muslim name have to wait longer and Indian getting approval very fast ,is there is any fact?

snoorali77

Post by snoorali77 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:00 am

I applied on 10th March through NCS Hounslow and still waiting for the payment to be deducted from my account :)

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:12 am

[quote="britishenglish"]Some people say that applicant with Muslim name have to wait longer and Indian getting approval very fast ,is there is any fact?[/quote]

That's rubbish, in my opinion. I have never heard of it. My husband is Algerian and to get 10 year visa it took only 3 weeks. Never have had any problem with his name or nationality...

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:16 am

britishenglish wrote:Some people say that applicant with Muslim name have to wait longer and Indian getting approval very fast ,is there is any fact?
Its totally wrong. Here everyone is treated equally.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:38 am

britishenglish wrote:Some people say that applicant with Muslim name have to wait longer and Indian getting approval very fast ,is there is any fact?
Absolute garbage - One living in UK shouldnt even think let alone ask!

zonkkk

Post by zonkkk » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:45 am

Rubbish! This is totally the wrong country to display the persecuted syndrome; especially when dealing with government agencies.
They would be slaughtered by the media if this came out.

No government wants this on their record; unless Nigel Farage wins the next elections, that is. :D

Fatty
Newly Registered

Post by Fatty » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:20 am

Eligibility criteria: over 5 years serving in HM Forces
Language criteria met : Life in the UK + B1
Current nationality: Gambian
Method of application: NCS.
Council name if NCS used: Chippenham
Date of application: 09-03-2015
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11-03-2015 -- according to NCS officer
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 16/03/15

Am a bit nervous as I had a court issue 3 points and £60 fine due to not being able to pay a speeding conditional offer because I was away with the army. I did my own subject access request anyway with acpo and found this was not on my criminal record anyway.

fqvision

Post by fqvision » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:40 am

Fatty wrote:Eligibility criteria: over 5 years serving in HM Forces
Language criteria met : Life in the UK + B1
Current nationality: Gambian
Method of application: NCS.
Council name if NCS used: Chippenham
Date of application: 09-03-2015
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11-03-2015 -- according to NCS officer
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 16/03/15

Am a bit nervous as I had a court issue 3 points and £60 fine due to not being able to pay a speeding conditional offer because I was away with the army. I did my own subject access request anyway with acpo and found this was not on my criminal record anyway.

don't worry,

Tangie

Post by Tangie » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:25 am

tulip11 wrote:

Morning Tulip.
Payment in the amount £906.00 has be authorized by my bank. Since it went in on Friday home office should get it any day now. Just waiting to see what happens next. I have not received any email or post from them. Did you get a email. Who was it from if you don't mind me asking. Cheers,
Tangie

roc_wab
Newly Registered

Post by roc_wab » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:40 am

Hi,

I have applied on 03-Mar and the HO received the application on 04-Mar. Money taken on 08-Mar, still no acknowledgement from HO at all. As many people discussed, there are inconsistencies in getting ack.. some by emails, some by post, some like me - haven't heard anything at all. I was really worried till last week but realised you cannot do anything but wait.. I know its hard, but lets wait and see what happens! Good luck..

britishenglish

Post by britishenglish » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:43 am

roc_wab wrote:Hi,

I have applied on 03-Mar and the HO received the application on 04-Mar. Money taken on 08-Mar, still no acknowledgement from HO at all. As many people discussed, there are inconsistencies in getting ack.. some by emails, some by post, some like me - haven't heard anything at all. I was really worried till last week but realised you cannot do anything but wait.. I know its hard, but lets wait and see what happens! Good luck..
And still some people say about fairness and equal treatment

Tangie

Post by Tangie » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:50 am

Roc,
Banks & Home office is closed on Sunday. So I don't see how the money could have been taken out on the 8th March. Home office took the money for my account on the 13th March' which was a Friday and is still waiting to get the money out since it was over the weekend. Any debit that goes in on a Friday will be approved the following Tuesday. So if your went in on a "Sunday" don't know when that will be approved :shock: .
Tangie

roc_wab
Newly Registered

Post by roc_wab » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:57 am

Hi Tangie,

If you look at other posts for Feb-2015 timelines, many have got their approvals on 08-Mar (Sunday). Mine was taken on 08-Mar and received an alert from my bank on 08-Mar morning and the funds decreased on 09-Mar. I have no idea how they deducted the money on Sunday (Even I had the same question in my 1st post to this forum. Anyways, my bank online statement shows: PURCHASE NATIONALITY DIRECTORAT LIVERPOOL GB 150308.

Like you, even I am at a loss! well.. !

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:24 pm

Tangie wrote:
tulip11 wrote:

Morning Tulip.
Payment in the amount £906.00 has be authorized by my bank. Since it went in on Friday home office should get it any day now. Just waiting to see what happens next. I have not received any email or post from them. Did you get a email. Who was it from if you don't mind me asking. Cheers,
Tangie
Hi
I have received ack letter by post not email . What I have noticed that most of the time there is a gap between the letter dated and the day we receive letters specially by posts . So dont worry . Best of luck. :)

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:28 pm

britishenglish wrote:

That has got nothing to do with what last name you have. That unfortunately is a norm or one may call it inconsistency!

britishenglish

Post by britishenglish » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:50 pm

rakeysh.patel wrote:
britishenglish wrote:

I have applied on 03-Mar and the HO received the application on 04-Mar. Money taken on 08-Mapeasfl no acknowledgement from HO at all. As many people discussed, there are inconsistencies in getting ack.. some by emails, some by post, some like me - haven't heard anything at all. I was really worried till last week but realised you cannot do anything but wait.. I know its hard, but lets wait and see what happens! Good luck..
OK so you accept inconstancy is not far away from inequality anyway I was quoting somebody who believe some Muslim countries applicant get more scruitnie .

That has got nothing to do with what last name you have. That unfortunately is a norm or one may call it inconsistency!

roc_wab
Newly Registered

Post by roc_wab » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:56 pm

roc_wab wrote:Hi Tangie,

If you look at other posts for Feb-2015 timelines, many have got their approvals on 08-Mar (Sunday). Mine was taken on 08-Mar and received an alert from my bank on 08-Mar morning and the funds decreased on 09-Mar. I have no idea how they deducted the money on Sunday (Even I had the same question in my 1st post to this forum. Anyways, my bank online statement shows: PURCHASE NATIONALITY DIRECTORAT LIVERPOOL GB 150308.

Like you, even I am at a loss! well.. !
Just called the HO call centre (you got me scared there!) and was told that the money can be deducted on Sundays sometimes.. and from the date of money being deducted, I have to wait for upto 14 days to receive the ack.. If not, then to call them. But it is quite normal for HO to deduct money on Sunday! Hope this clarifies.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:08 pm

britishenglish wrote:
rakeysh.patel wrote:
britishenglish wrote:
OK so you accept inconstancy is not far away from inequality anyway I was quoting somebody who believe some Muslim countries applicant get more scruitnie .
No, I don't! - Inconsistency has no correlation to the name or country you come from! Lets not get this any more traction, I am sure your take away is clear from what others have highlighted, your source of information or one who has drove that conclusion has no foundation. All the best for your application!