ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harry2511
Newly Registered
India

Documents for ILR

Post by harry2511 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:37 pm

Hello All..I am going to apply ILR from Tier 1 General 5 Year stay category on 3March through PEO application SET(0) form. I have couple of queries regarding documents required and couldn't find answer I tried my best to find answers. If anyone can answer these will be really helpful.
1. I am including my wife in the application (moved to uk under tier 1 dependent category on 28th March,2011) and my UK born son (I want him to have same immigration status as myself). I have got NARIC certificate and certificate from my wife's university back in India that her education was in English medium. Is there any other document required? Also I am planning to include following documents as proof of Cohabitation for last two years.. Are these sufficient?

Joint name:
Council Tax -(two bills) - 1April,2014 and 1st april,2013
Water bill -(two bills)-Nov,2013, Feb,2014

Individual statement
Credit Card bill and Mobile phone bill (2 separate bills for myself and my wife)
Bank statement (3 separate statement for myself and my wife)

Can I include wife's payslip and my payslip as a proof. I have home insurance on our joint name; Can I include that as a proof?

2. I have got last 5 year's employment history from HMRC. I will be using my current employers payslips as proof for last 12 months. Do I also need to take my bank statement for last 5 years? or only last 12 months as a proof of my employment and funding proof.

3. I was never out of uk for more than 180 days within each last 5 years counting backward from 3March. However, between Nov,2010 and March2011 I was outside country for 123 days continuously that falls in one year. I was getting married during this time and then medical reasons I was not able to fly back. I have marriage certificate to prove date of marriage and medical certificate from doctor in India covering part of this period. During this time I was not employed in UK so don't have proof of annual leave or anything else. Is this can be a issue in my application? Other years I was out maximum 20-30 days on holidays during my Annual leave. Do I need to provide any evidences for this period?

I am including my degree certificate (studied in uk) with my application and Life in UK test pass certificate (for myself and my wife). Which other document I need to include in my application?

Many thanks for help in advance

Malik44

Re: Documents for ILR

Post by Malik44 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:38 pm

harry2511 wrote:Hello All..I am going to apply ILR from Tier 1 General 5 Year stay category on 3March through PEO application SET(0) form. I have couple of queries regarding documents required and couldn't find answer I tried my best to find answers. If anyone can answer these will be really helpful.
1. I am including my wife in the application (moved to uk under tier 1 dependent category on 28th March,2011) and my UK born son (I want him to have same immigration status as myself). I have got NARIC certificate and certificate from my wife's university back in India that her education was in English medium. Is there any other document required? Also I am planning to include following documents as proof of Cohabitation for last two years.. Are these sufficient?

Joint name:
Council Tax -(two bills) - 1April,2014 and 1st april,2013
Water bill -(two bills)-Nov,2013, Feb,2014

Individual statement
Credit Card bill and Mobile phone bill (2 separate bills for myself and my wife)
Bank statement (3 separate statement for myself and my wife)

Can I include wife's payslip and my payslip as a proof. I have home insurance on our joint name; Can I include that as a proof?

You can include wife's payslip and can also home insurance shouldn't be any problem.

2. I have got last 5 year's employment history from HMRC. I will be using my current employers payslips as proof for last 12 months. Do I also need to take my bank statement for last 5 years? or only last 12 months as a proof of my employment and funding proof.

last 12 months bank statements sufficient

3. I was never out of uk for more than 180 days within each last 5 years counting backward from 3March. However, between Nov,2010 and March2011 I was outside country for 123 days continuously that falls in one year. I was getting married during this time and then medical reasons I was not able to fly back. I have marriage certificate to prove date of marriage and medical certificate from doctor in India covering part of this period. During this time I was not employed in UK so don't have proof of annual leave or anything else. Is this can be a issue in my application? Other years I was out maximum 20-30 days on holidays during my Annual leave. Do I need to provide any evidences for this period?

No you don't need any absence proof just put in form family visit and own marriage

I am including my degree certificate (studied in uk) with my application and Life in UK test pass certificate (for myself and my wife). Which other document I need to include in my application?

Your wife also need to prove english language at B1 level your master degree from UK is sufficient to prove your English language
in addition to LIUK certificates.
for detailed documents read Set(O) policy guideline.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-14.pdf

Many thanks for help in advance

madnan24

Post by madnan24 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:48 am

Hello Harry,

You will need following documents for your ILR.

Application Form : SET O
Category : Tier 1 General
Dependent : 1

Documents :

All Main Applicant Passport
All dependent Passport
2 Photos of Main Application
2 Photos of Dependent
Cover Letter ( Described Points, Earning, Age, Life in the uk test, English requirement , and other stuff )

Pervious Earning Documents :

12 Months Current Bank Statement
12 Months Pay Slips
Employer letter which can confirm that you are permanent employee and earning XXX amount per year.
Last 5 Years P60, and P45 ( as our p60, and p45, help a lot, and they save Caseworker time a lot but not necessary )
Earning Explanation Excel Sheet
Employer Annual Leave Confirming letter , Which confirm that you was outside the country during your annual paid leave.

Life in the UK :

Main Application's Life in the UK Test
Dependent's Life in the UK Test

English Language :

If Main Applicant's Degree taught in English so He/she does not need to submit, Also, If you already demonstrated Degree in previous application so it is ok if you dont show this time.

Dependent's ESOL B1 Test.

Cohabitation Doc:

Marriage Certificate ( In English if possible )
Baby Birth Certificate
Gas and Water Bills ( Last Two Years )
Joint Bank Statement ( Last Two Years )
wife pay slip ( If address are same )
Tenancy Reference Letter

I hope it helps.

harry2511
Newly Registered
India

Post by harry2511 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:12 pm

Many thanks for help and response.

I have received letter from my wife's university confirming medium of education was English. However, it was issued last year mid. Is this needs to be less than 3 months old?
Also got NARIC certificate of comparison.

harry2511
Newly Registered
India

Post by harry2511 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:22 pm

madnan24 wrote:Hello Harry,

You will need following documents for your ILR.

Application Form : SET O
Category : Tier 1 General
Dependent : 1

Documents :

All Main Applicant Passport
All dependent Passport
2 Photos of Main Application
2 Photos of Dependent
Cover Letter ( Described Points, Earning, Age, Life in the uk test, English requirement , and other stuff )

Pervious Earning Documents :

12 Months Current Bank Statement
12 Months Pay Slips
Employer letter which can confirm that you are permanent employee and earning XXX amount per year.
Last 5 Years P60, and P45 ( as our p60, and p45, help a lot, and they save Caseworker time a lot but not necessary )
Earning Explanation Excel Sheet
Employer Annual Leave Confirming letter , Which confirm that you was outside the country during your annual paid leave.

Life in the UK :

Main Application's Life in the UK Test
Dependent's Life in the UK Test

English Language :

If Main Applicant's Degree taught in English so He/she does not need to submit, Also, If you already demonstrated Degree in previous application so it is ok if you dont show this time.

Dependent's ESOL B1 Test.

Cohabitation Doc:

Baby Birth Certificate
Tenancy Reference Letter

I hope it helps.
I have change my job 3 years back. Is letter confirming I was on annual leave required or this can be shown from bank statement that I was getting salary during that time?

harry2511
Newly Registered
India

Post by harry2511 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:52 pm

If anyone can guide me with above questions and what documents are required to prove I was on holiday outside UK on my annual leave?

harry2511
Newly Registered
India

Post by harry2511 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:31 pm

Hello All; I have visa appointment on Monday. If anyone can help will be really helpful. I went outside UK for 1 day (took fight on 12 July,2011 and returned back 13July,2011) for job interview in Republic of ireland on business visit visa. What should I right in form against this time? Should I mention employment or Job interview (is this going cause any problem?). I was unemployed during this time so can't prove annual leave. Also visa mention interview B/v.

harry2511
Newly Registered
India

Post by harry2511 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:49 pm

harry2511 wrote:Hello All; I have visa appointment on Monday. If anyone can help will be really helpful. I went outside UK for 1 day (took fight on 12 July,2011 and returned back 13July,2011) for job interview in Republic of ireland on business visit visa. What should I right in form against this time? Should I mention employment or Job interview (is this going cause any problem?). I was unemployed during this time so can't prove annual leave. Also visa mention interview B/v.
If anybody can advice on this will be really helpful..

kyborg99

Post by kyborg99 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:11 pm

madnan24 wrote: Cohabitation Doc:

Baby Birth Certificate
Tenancy Reference Letter

I hope it helps.
do we provide 2 yrs statement or 12 months?

harry2511
Newly Registered
India

Post by harry2511 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:02 pm

kyborg99 wrote:

Baby Birth Certificate
Tenancy Reference Letter

I hope it helps.

Got my ILR approved on Monday. I have provided 6 joint statements from 2 each from 3 sources covering last two years.

FayEng

Post by FayEng » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:21 pm

Hi Harry

Congratulations!! Did they ask you anything about your absence from the UK??

Pls reply as I have ILR coming up shortly.

Fay

kyborg99

Post by kyborg99 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:29 pm

harry2511 wrote:
2. I have got last 5 year's employment history from HMRC.

How did you get 'employment history from HMRC' please - the links below say that the phone numbers do not work anymore. http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 58599.html

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 54017.html

Please assist.

Thanks,
kyborg

smackit_in

Post by smackit_in » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:18 pm

harry2511 wrote:
kyborg99 wrote:

Baby Birth Certificate
Tenancy Reference Letter

I hope it helps.

Hi Congrats mate, glad to hear you got your visa... can i confirm what did you submit for wife's english proof docs as you mentioned u had a uni letter and naric confirmation.. did u submit anything else ?

and uk naric comparison is just degree comparison ?

also did they ask any other docs for her english proof

Got my ILR approved on Monday. I have provided 6 joint statements from 2 each from 3 sources covering last two years.