ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just received Passport and supporting documents only !!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alam_m

Just received Passport and supporting documents only !!!!

Post by alam_m » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:04 pm

Hi All,
I have just received Passport and supporting documents (Saturday, 14 March). No letter / nothing!!!! Any idea what does it mean? A good sign??? Inshalla things will be fine.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Just received Passport and supporting documents only !!!

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:07 pm

It would help if you tell us what exactly it is that you have applied for??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alam_m

Post by alam_m » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:18 pm

CR001 wrote:It would help if you tell us what exactly it is that you have applied for??
I had applied for ILR on the basis of 10 yr. My daughter's ILR was approved last week in the same ground as I made her application a week earlier than mine.

Thanks

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:39 pm

Insha Allah good news soon. Someone else on the forum under postal applications received their documents with no letter and then received their BRP. So it ended well and inshaAllah this will too.

alam_m

Post by alam_m » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:47 pm

sajjuz wrote:Insha Allah good news soon. Someone else on the forum under postal applications received their documents with no letter and then received their BRP. So it ended well and inshaAllah this will too.
SAJJUZ Thank you for your reply. I hope so. Its been a long time- 11 yrs in the UK, you know the struggle....
Insha Allah I'll get good news soon and let you guys know it.

Regards

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:25 am

Insha Allah!

alam_m

Re: Got ILR

Post by alam_m » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi All
Alhamdulliah. Just received my Biometric with ILR on 10 yr long residence basis.
I'll share my case in the next post soon.

Can some one please update it in the time line.

Thank you all for supporting me.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:38 pm

Can some one please update it in the time line.
You can update it yourself in the timeline.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:49 pm

Congratulations!

alam_m

ILR approved; my case may help others; IN10 conviction

Post by alam_m » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Hi all,
I would like to share my case and background which may help others.
I have received my ILR today on the 10 yr LR basis straight away. My details are as below:

1. 6yrs student + 2 yr PSW + Tier 4...... No gap, no late application, no refusal, only 42 days outside UK
2. I had been convicted for driving without insurance (i was unaware of the insurance status) in 2007, fined by court £200 and 6points on my licence in 2007. Fines been paid off and points withdrawn from my licence in 2012.
3. I had a county court judgement against me, which I do have a payment plan in place now..

I the application form I declared that I have no criminal conviction but in the blank space in section E, I mentioned that I had driving points and licence is clear now and added the paper part of my DL (been little dodgy!!! or technical).... After making application I realised that I made a mistake by not declaring the offence clearly... had been praying so that HO just accept it as normal.

All good now, I had no trouble to get ILR approved.

Thank to every one in this forum for their advise and support.

Regards

alam_m

Re: Is there a time limit for my wife and kid to apply???

Post by alam_m » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:28 am

Hi There
Hope you all have good time...
I got my ILR accepted last week. My wife and kid (who was born in the UK and 3 yrs old now) still are on my Tier4 dependent visa. My wife has booked her Life in the UK test for 4th May 2015 (to apply for ILR on her 10 year LR right). I am preparing to apply for my daughter's citizenship registration. Their visa is valid until May 2016. I am wondering if there is any time limit for them as my status has been changed?????

Need your advise please.

Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:33 am

If not travelling, then it should be okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

alam_m

Post by alam_m » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:45 am

vinny wrote:If not travelling, then it should be okay.
Thanks a lot......

alam_m

Re: Urgent advise required; please ....

Post by alam_m » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:49 am

Hi All,
This post is on behalf of my friend who is totally distressed by a mistake made by his lawyer. He needs advise. I just copy-paste his mail underneath with his due permission:
" I came in UK in 15th of april 2005 my last live to remain finished on the 31st of july 2013, the in same day i applied for work permit visa which was refused and put me on appeal. The hearing held in 31st of july 2014, and the decision was given in 7th of august in 2014, then my solicitor just tried to buy some time before the upper tribunal gave me the decision i applied for tier 4 visa on 7th of october.

now hear is the situation, my solicitor ask me to apply before he withdraw my appeal and he said he will withdraw the appeal in next day in 8th of october but i found out that he withdraw the appeal in 10th of october when i got the letter from the court. i was worreid and ask my solicitor he said to wait if the homeoffice except my application. as normally i did my biomatric and everything and in 11th of november 2014 they send me an email confirming that my application is valid after giving my biomatric and in 24ht of november 2014 homeoffice send me another email confirming that my application is still under consideration. in 30th of november my college got revoked i was waiting for 60 days letter so i call them in general inquary they asked me to write manchester curtelment team which i did in 26 of february 2015.

now in 1st of march i recived a letter from tier4 saying that they cannot consider my application and send it back to me as invalid saying that i can not make an application when section 3 (c) is continuing.

now hear is my question

1) am i overstayed in this country ?

2) can i make an ilr application on 10Yr basis?

3) should i ask them for a review the same tier 4 application?""'

Can some one please advise what my friend can do at this moment?? Please help