ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unemployed for 7 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imsisko
Newly Registered

Unemployed for 7 months

Post by imsisko » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:38 pm

Hi All

I'm in the process of collecting my documents and I have a time period (31-05-2011 to 01-01-2012) when I was unemployed so I do not have any payslips. During this time I was self studying and worked for a charity 4-5 days a week. This was due to carrier change as I had to gain some experience before applying for jobs.

I assume this "gap" would not look good on my application form so I was just wondering how could I prove that I lived and worked here. The charity may have some records but I know they're not the best at keeping volunteer's records. Will bank statements do?

I also applied for Jobseekers allowance during this time but I got a job before I received any form of support.
Other than this I have all my P60s but missing 2 payslips (Jan 2013 and April 2011)

Any advise is highly appreciated!

PS: Sorry, forgot to mention, this application is for AN Naturalisation. I'm Hungarian and Hungary is part of the EU. I live here since 2002.

Thank you

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Re: Unemployed for 7 months

Post by gbhsmp » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:10 pm

You can ask for SAR report. This contains the information you give to UKBA when you land in the UK (like the passport scans you would have done during entry into the country). This will prove that you were here.
Moreover, if you were inside the country, you dont have to prove that you were in the UK. Naturalisation form asks for absences only outside the country.
form AN does not ask you to prove your presence in the UK. If you have any P60s, you can keep them as a supporting evidence. Any bills during that time is sufficient (like bank statements, credit card bills etc.,) but I dont think this is mandatory. They do require you to tell the dates you were absent from the UK (remember this is absent for whole day ; i.e if you went to hungary y'day and came back today then there is no absence at all. Only full day absences need to be specified in the AN form).

imsisko
Newly Registered

Re: Unemployed for 7 months

Post by imsisko » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:21 pm

That's great! I was not aware of the SAR report. Will give it a go, thanks very much