ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shfh7815
Pakistan

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by shfh7815 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:54 pm

nervous1 wrote:hello can some one please advise me i asked for a update today i applied 16th jan and this is the response i recieved:

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status (xxxxxxxxxx and date of birth
xxxxxx) and found that the application has been referred to another
authority for enquiries or a final decision. Your visa application centre
or the entry clearance officer (ECO) will contact you once a decision has
been made or, if necessary, during the consideration of your application.

why has it been referred to another authority is this something to worry about everything was up to date and genuine???? this reply has really got me tensed :( has anyone else received this email if so what was the outcome???
Maybe hmrc to check tax? Notv sure really
Biometrics 11th may
Processed 10th August - refused
Appeal submitted 26th Aug
Confirmation 12th October
MP letter 12th Nov
Appeal deadline- 22 Jan
Email- refusal overturned- 24th Nov
Call- will email letter for submission - 26th Nov

nervous1
Newly Registered

Post by nervous1 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:22 pm

shfh7815 wrote:
nervous1 wrote:hello can some one please advise me i asked for a update today i applied 16th jan and this is the response i recieved:

why has it been referred to another authority is this something to worry about everything was up to date and genuine???? this reply has really got me tensed :( has anyone else received this email if so what was the outcome???
maybe but ive just searched the forum those who did get this email got an decision within a week just praying inshallah it is good news good luck to you to, you applied nearly same time as me hopefully we both have get the visas.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:52 pm

@ tallojani and other members

Hi guys. Been reading that some members are asking if you are able to travel back to Pak when on the spouse visa.

The answer is you can travel back to Pak or wherever so long as You are domiciled in the UK. Any holidays Need to be for a reasonable period of time otherwise when you apply for flr they may query it I.e. Up to 6 weeks a year would be perfectly fine. However 3 months at a time Would be too much unless you have a very good reason I.e. Dependence living abroad, death in the family etc.

Basically don't take the biscuit and you will be fine.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:55 pm

nervous1 wrote:
shfh7815 wrote:

maybe but ive just searched the forum those who did get this email got an decision within a week just praying inshallah it is good news good luck to you to, you applied nearly same time as me hopefully we both have get the visas.
I recieved the same email and then 1 day later I had the visa granted . So nothing to worry about, give it a week and inshallah you will get the vIsa

nervous1
Newly Registered

Post by nervous1 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:18 pm

alil2014 wrote:
nervous1 wrote:

I recieved the same email and then 1 day later I had the visa granted . So nothing to worry about, give it a week and inshallah you will get the vIsa
thank you for your reassurance, inshallah the same happens with me and i receive good news very soon.

daddoo110

Post by daddoo110 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:36 pm

shfh7815 wrote:
aminoacid88 wrote:Hi guys!

Just wanted to share my timeline with ya'll -

14/1/2015 - Applied for settlement visa
15/1/2015 - Received email from BHC that they've received my application
6/3/2015 - Hubby called the info line and was told that my application is waiting to b assessed by an ECO
13/3/2.015 - I emailed asking for a status update and received a reply that my application has been assessed and processed

So now im just waiting for an email from ISL confirming this!
I'm happily surprised that its been processed within 8 weeks
Anyone else that applied in Jan heard from them?
I did my biometrics on 15th Jan....update says it's been processed so I'm just waiting for Gerry to call me....keep me updated if uget a call :p

Hey Aminoacid88 Its really good to know that we applied from the same place karachi on near dates! Im still waiting for updates from them but still no response the last mail i received on 12th March they said my application is delayed for further checks :( But Im Happy for u that ur application has been processed please do let me know ur updates thanks in advance!
Category A
Online Application 16-1-2015
Submitted Docs At Karachi 19-01-2015
Received At BHC ISB 21-1-2015
No Current Updates 3-3-2015
Delayed For Further Checks 19-3-2015

MR-MO
Newly Registered

Post by MR-MO » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:42 pm

AyeM.Ali wrote:
MR-MO wrote:Hey Everyone,

I am bit confused here regarding submitting photocopies of all original documents, I am sending my documents for my wife's spouse visa application, it does not note anywhere that I need to submit copies to Gerry's but I have been told and read a few people on here that Gerry's needs photocopies of all documentation that you are submitting to the UKBA. To me this a bit of a security risk as these documents can be used for all kinds of things. Can you guys please confirm if its a must to submit photocopies of all documents to Gerry's?

Kind regards,

Mo.
I submitted my documents on 2nd March 2015 at the Khi VAC. Its only new that Gerry's officers suggest you may or may not submit photocopies. I chose not to submit them. Same reason as yours. Before it was compulsory to submit photocopies along with the originals. Not anymore.

Goodluck.

Thanks a lot for the reply, My wife will submit hers in Islamabad, I heard that Gerrys say that if a complete copy is not submitted to them then they will not submit the application to UKBA. Is there anywhere where this is written that it is not compulsory anymore to give copies to Gerry's?

unis
Newly Registered

Post by unis » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:36 pm

gerry fedex are making a big mockery out of me can someone please tell me some useful number or emails so i can contact and get a proper answer my wife got her visa in dec 14 she submitted her passport and they told her we call you for you to collect its been 3 months and we ask them whats going on they keep saying alot of back log... so much appreciated if i can get a number or email

AyeM.Ali

Post by AyeM.Ali » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:51 pm

MR-MO wrote:
AyeM.Ali wrote:
MR-MO wrote:Hey Everyone,

I am bit confused here regarding submitting photocopies of all original documents, I am sending my documents for my wife's spouse visa application, it does not note anywhere that I need to submit copies to Gerry's but I have been told and read a few people on here that Gerry's needs photocopies of all documentation that you are submitting to the UKBA. To me this a bit of a security risk as these documents can be used for all kinds of things. Can you guys please confirm if its a must to submit photocopies of all documents to Gerry's?

Kind regards,

Mo.
I submitted my documents on 2nd March 2015 at the Khi VAC. Its only new that Gerry's officers suggest you may or may not submit photocopies. I chose not to submit them. Same reason as yours. Before it was compulsory to submit photocopies along with the originals. Not anymore.

Goodluck.

Thanks a lot for the reply, My wife will submit hers in Islamabad, I heard that Gerrys say that if a complete copy is not submitted to them then they will not submit the application to UKBA. Is there anywhere where this is written that it is not compulsory anymore to give copies to Gerry's?
I don't think its written anywhere. I am telling you from experience. You can do the same thing as I did. Takea complete set of photocopies just in case they ask you for them. If they give you a choice or tell you they're not necessary anymore you can always bring them back home.

AyeM.Ali

Post by AyeM.Ali » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:55 pm

alil2014 wrote:@ tallojani and other members

Hi guys. Been reading that some members are asking if you are able to travel back to Pak when on the spouse visa.

The answer is you can travel back to Pak or wherever so long as You are domiciled in the UK. Any holidays Need to be for a reasonable period of time otherwise when you apply for flr they may query it I.e. Up to 6 weeks a year would be perfectly fine. However 3 months at a time Would be too much unless you have a very good reason I.e. Dependence living abroad, death in the family etc.

Hey thanks for the clarification. Domicile for the applicant? Oh God this is new!! I wasn't planning on visiting Pakistan for longer periods anyway. Just once every year for a few weeks would be nice. I got a bit sad and confused when someone said only 4 weeks in 33 months. But domicile? What's this story about?

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:07 pm

AyeM.Ali wrote:

Hey thanks for the clarification. Domicile for the applicant? Oh God this is new!! I wasn't planning on visiting Pakistan for longer periods anyway. Just once every year for a few weeks would be nice. I got a bit sad and confused when someone said only 4 weeks in 33 months. But domicile? What's this story about?
When my wife submitted her papers, Gerry's told my wife they don't need copies and they gave them back to her. Only originals were submitted.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

shfh7815
Pakistan

Post by shfh7815 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:13 pm

Anyone got number for Gerry mirpur ?
Biometrics 11th may
Processed 10th August - refused
Appeal submitted 26th Aug
Confirmation 12th October
MP letter 12th Nov
Appeal deadline- 22 Jan
Email- refusal overturned- 24th Nov
Call- will email letter for submission - 26th Nov

Hamza.123

Post by Hamza.123 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:28 pm

Hello everyone
I submitted my case on 10/03/2015
I got a message saying The visa application for GWF ref no. (gwf******) was forwarded to UK Visas and Immigration on 3/10/2015
But i never got a email saying it been sent to bhc islamabad
So i emailed them today about not emailing me this is what they said

Your visa application is under processing until you receive an email from
the Decision Making Centre (DMC) or Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) stating
that your application has now been processed and concluded - until such an
email is received your patience is requested. Once concluded the Visa
Application Centre (VAC) will contact you to make collection arrangements.
You will then need to take a printout of the email and go to the visa
centre during passport collection timing (as stated on your visa centre

What does this mean?
And if they have not emailed me now what is the
Chance off next time?
Thank you people
Please help
02/03/2015: Online Applicaton submitted
10/03/2015: Documents And Biometrics Mirpur
26/06/2015: Documents Returned
27/06/2015: Visa Granted
All Praise's To The Lord Off The Worlsd Allah Swt And The Noor Off Are Eyes Muhammed PBUH

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:32 pm

unis wrote:gerry fedex are making a big mockery out of me can someone please tell me some useful number or emails so i can contact and get a proper answer my wife got her visa in dec 14 she submitted her passport and they told her we call you for you to collect its been 3 months and we ask them whats going on they keep saying alot of back log... so much appreciated if i can get a number or email
As if there's a backlog is that why they are now processing cases soo fast. I think you should write a letter to the embassy with your appeal number and wife's details. Hopefully when they read your letter they will inshallah stamp your visa.
Online Submission 13/08/14
Submitted papers 15/09/14
Processed 30/12/14
Collected-Refused 14/01/15
Appeal submitted 06/02/15
Visa Granted 28/04/15

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:38 pm

AyeM.Ali wrote:

For FLR domicile basically means that the applicant intends settle permanently in the UK and the best way of showing this is by living in the UK for as much time as possible during the 2.5 year period

Tazmaniaa

Post by Tazmaniaa » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:49 pm

Heyyy pleasee hello!!
is submitting a p60 must or.can i jus submit and employment history letter??
Thnks in.advance
1st application:applied nov 2012
Refused: Feb 2013

2nd application:applied oct 2013
Refused:sept 2014

Appeal submitted 26th sept......

Tazmaniaa

Post by Tazmaniaa » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:07 pm

Heyyy pleasee hello!!
Thnks in.advance
1st application:applied nov 2012
Refused: Feb 2013

2nd application:applied oct 2013
Refused:sept 2014

Appeal submitted 26th sept......

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:07 pm

Tazmaniaa wrote:Heyyy pleasee hello!!
Thnks in.advance

Hey I do not think the p60 is necessary I know a lot of people who haven't an employment letter should be Fine

Btw please can you confirm your refusal reasons?

Thanks x
Visa Granted Shukar Alhamdulillah :)

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:48 am

gucci9 wrote:
Thnks in.advance

Hey I do not think the p60 is necessary I know a lot of people who haven't an employment letter should be Fine

Thanks x
P60 is not part of the requirements, however if you have and it shows your earnings over the threshold for the previous tax year then definetly include it as it will strengthen your case.

EMPLOYMENT LETTER IS A MUST - it's part of the requirements and without it the application is most likely to be refused.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:51 am

gucci9 wrote:
Thnks in.advance

Thanks x
@gucci - why do you have a fascination with the refusal reasons? You have submitted your application So there's nothing you can do now, so just sit back and relax.

Ibby786
Newly Registered

Post by Ibby786 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:33 am

assalamu alaikum everyone!
Just a quick update on my wife visa case, an email was sent to me this morning confirming that your wife application has been processed and will be returned to the visa application centre for collection.

In sha Allah just pray it's good news.

Online application: 18/02/15
Application submitted: 24/02/15 in Islamabad

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:15 am

Ibby786 wrote:assalamu alaikum everyone!
Just a quick update on my wife visa case, an email was sent to me this morning confirming that your wife application has been processed and will be returned to the visa application centre for collection.

Hey if you only submitted your application on the 24th of feb (1 day before me)
That was a quick response mashallah
Insha'Allah it'll be good news :)

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:09 am

Hey does anybody know how they process the applications
Is it first come first serve basis (in date of submission order) or do they pick and choose ?

Thanks

:)
Last edited by gucci9 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:39 am

Ibby786 wrote:assalamu alaikum everyone!

Inshallah it will be good news :) and that was really fast exactly 3 weeks wow ...

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:13 am

It looks like islamabad are ahead of all the rest of the vac as the are nw on 24 feb and mirpur is i think still in jan