ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirement evidence - how up to date?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stupot
Newly Registered

Financial requirement evidence - how up to date?

Post by stupot » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:50 am

Hi all,

We're the process of getting stuff together for my wife's spouse visa. We've managed to scrape enough money together to apply using savings, since we're both overseas and so obviously I don't have a job in the UK at the moment. We're waiting on a language certificate that will take another week and a half to arrive. In the meantime, our six-month bank statement arrived from the UK a week or two ago (obviously it took a couple of weeks to get here too). I'm concerned that might be considered out of date by the time we're able to apply. Does anyone know how recent the bank statements need to be? Is there any guidance anywhere about this?

Thanks for any replies.
Stu

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Financial requirement evidence - how up to date?

Post by Amber » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:24 am

Most recent dated within 28 days of application date.

See Appendix FM-SE at pg 6, i - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

stupot
Newly Registered

Post by stupot » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:24 am

Amber wrote:Most recent dated within 28 days of application date.

See Appendix FM-SE at pg 6, i - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf
Perfect. Just the information I needed. Thanks, Amber.

stupot
Newly Registered

Post by stupot » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:31 am

Hold on. From that link,
11. In respect of cash savings the following must be provided:
(a) personal bank statements showing that at least the level of cash savings relied upon
in the application has been held in an account(s) in the name of the person or of the
person and their partner jointly throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of
application.
That says cash savings must either be in my name or in BOTH my and my wife's name (joint account). I thought it could be in her name only. Am I wrong?

Oh wait, 11A (c) seems to clarify it, as follows:
(c) Funds held as cash savings by the applicant, their partner or both jointly at the date of
application

So the savings can be in my wife's name? Please tell me that's the case, or we're out of luck.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:43 am

No problem. The savings can be in either your wife's name or yours.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

stupot
Newly Registered

Post by stupot » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:15 am

Casa wrote:No problem. The savings can be in either your wife's name or yours.
Thanks, that's a great relief. I just about gave myself a heart attack when I first read that link.