ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Urgent help after my divorce gets finalised.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hidden
Newly Registered

Please Urgent help after my divorce gets finalised.

Post by Hidden » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:13 pm

Hi,

I married to my EU wife in March 2010. I am Non EU.
I got my EEA Residance Card in December 2010.
We lived together at least 3 and half years but then she found out that I have has an extra martial affair with my present partner who is also From EU.
Things got worse, I and my wife got separated by mid of 2013 but we never applied for divorce or officially separated. I have not made any effort to keep contact with her at that time but later I did try to contact her few times for some documents so I can show to HO about me and her being lived together over almost 4 years but got no response whatsoever.
I have been living with my present girlfriend from last almost one and half years and we are very happy together. She works part time as well because money is not an issue as I have good business and have good backround back home.
My current RC is going to expire by the end of this year and obviously I am quite worried what will happen. I now want to apply for divorce with my ex wife and my present girlfriend is happy to do anything for me. We also want to get married but it can only happen after divorce?

Any help or honest advice will be highly appreciated. I don't mind to see any recommended good solicitor.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Please Urgent help after my divorce gets finalised.

Post by Obie » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:08 am

I believe you best option is to try and get PR on the basis of the previous relationship.

Is that person still in the UK? If you proceed with divorce , are you aware of an address for you to serve it?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Hidden
Newly Registered

Post by Hidden » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:08 am

Thanks Obie, I really don't know where my ex is because I did try to contact her but got no response at all and for last couple of weeks her phone number was also not reponding at all.

I did have some old documents when we applied for EEA Residance Card first time in 2010.

Can I get any personal advice from you for this whole procedure please because I do want to know what my options are as I don't see any chance to contact her as it was my fault when we get seperated.

Hidden
Newly Registered

Post by Hidden » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:12 am

When we got seperated, I did have that address because I helped her to move out.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:36 am

How long had she been in the UK before you seperate.

Hidden
Newly Registered

Post by Hidden » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:28 am

She was in UK well over 10 years now but she also applied her EEA1 with me when I applied EEA2 Residence Card. She did receive that sticker card before me and I think I have copy of that somewhere with all those documents of that whole file.

Can I get a legal advice from you? I am based in London?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:35 am

Then she may have secured permanent Residence, as you claimed she has been here for 10 years.

I guess she was working all through that period.

I will be happy to help you.

I will send you a private message once you have posted 10 messages.

Hidden
Newly Registered

Post by Hidden » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:26 am

Thanks Obie, I am waiting for you but I don't really know where she is as I haven't been in touch with her for last at least one and half years.