ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ALL ABOUT EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nsm2010

ALL ABOUT EC

Post by nsm2010 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:52 am

Dear Seniors,

My HSMP initial application has recently been approved. Now I want to apply for EC, but before that i want to know about few things, such as;

1)How much time is allowed to file for EC, once you get your HSMP initial approval?,

2)How much time is allowed to travel once u got your EC stamped?

3)How it will effect for ILR at the end of five year period, If I choose to delay my departure for two months after getting EC stamped?

4) Is it possible to take short breaks or holidays during 5 year period or not?

I will appreciate if someone explain about these issues. Thanx in advance.

nsm2010

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:59 am

I am applying for EC from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. for the purpose I called up British consulate Jeddah and asked about the requirements. Resignation letter from current job was one of the requirement they replied.
To me, it seems wierd, since it is my decision when and how I travel to UK once I got my EC stamped. I cant understand why they ask some one to submit his resignation letter as a pre-requisite to EC Visa? any comments please...

nsm2010

HSMP3000
Newly Registered

Post by HSMP3000 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:13 pm

1)You have 6months from the date of your approval letter to file for an EC,if not your approval letter becomes invalid.

2)You can travel at any time you wish after your EC,the only issue is when you want to apply for ILR.the HO must be satified that you have stayed in the Uk for at least 5 years.So the ealier you travel the better.2 months is still Ok so you have to spend an extra 2 months with an invalid visa before appying for ILR

3) Yes

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:46 am

HSMP 3000

If I choose to take holiday break of 01 month each, for the five year, then at the end of 5 year period i would be short of 5 months. What would be the solution at that time?

nsm2010

fareedbaig

Post by fareedbaig » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:18 am

Your 5 month (Each year one month) holiday will be included in 5 year period count.

You cannot stay outside UK in at a streach of more than 3 month.

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

Post by aj_sp_007 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:19 am

Please correct me if im wrong :

1.FLR = Further Leave to Remain

Need to apply after 2 years of HSMP visa, for 3 years extension

Whereas

2.ILR = Indefinete Leave to Remain

Need to apply after completing 5 years in U.K 2+3

Plase help me with the rules of FLR & ILR.

Regards,

aj_sp_007
________
MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
Last edited by aj_sp_007 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:25 pm

Experts advice required, urgetnly!!!!!

as I mentioned earlier in the same thread that I called British Consulate Jeddah for EC stamp. Very wierdly they put forward one of the requirements, which require from the applicant to;
1) Resign from my current Job,
2) Stamp my passport for FINAL EXIT from my Current country of work, and then apply for EC Visa. The reason they are giving is that since the EC i am applying is work permit visa (HSMP) so you have to quit your job, your country of work and do a job in UK.

Here, I cant understand that since I applied for HSMP I agreed the basis that I will make UK my home country. Definately for this purpose I have to quit the Job as well as my current country of work. BUT, I have to do that once my passport got stamped for EC. Otherwise, If I resign and got my passport stamped for FINAL EXIT from my country of work, and later if British consulate refuses to give me EC Visa, then??????? and in case of refusal I would not be able to file an appeal from the same location (current country of work). What to do?

Need Forum advice and course of action in this situation?

nsm2010.
Last edited by nsm2010 on Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gordon

Post by gordon » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:39 pm

Who is meant to stamp your passport for 'final exit' ? This doesn't sound like an HSMP-related issue - it sounds more like a Saudi issue. Are you in Saudi on a work permit ?
nsm2010 wrote:Experts advice required, urgetnly!!!!!

as I mentioned earlier in the same thread that I called British Consulate Jeddah for EC stamp. Very wierdly they put forward one of the requirements, which require from the applicant to;
1) Resign from my current Job,
2) Stamp my passport for FINAL EXIT from my Current country of work, and then apply for EC Visa. The reason they are giving is that since the EC i am applying is work permit visa (HSMP) so you have to quit your job, your country of work and do a job in UK.

Here, I cant understand that since I applied for HSMP I agreed the basis that I will make UK my home country. Definately for this purpose I have to quit the Job as well as my current country of work. BUT, I have to do that once my passport got stamped for EC. Otherwise, If I resign and got my passport stamped for FINAL EXIT from my country of work, and later if British consulate refuses to give me EC Visa, then??????? What to do?

Need Forum advice and course of action in this situation?

nsm2010.

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:24 pm

Gordon,
It isnt Non- HSMP issue at all!!!

Instead, these are the terms and conditions British Consulate is applying to get EC stamp (for HSMP).

Actually, I am on work permit visa in Saudi arabia. Approved my initial HSMP and applied for EC. It is pre-requisite that I have to stamp FINAL EXIT from Saudi arabia (this final stamp is applying when you are going finally, from Saudi authorities)on my passport and then apply.

Contrary to that, freind of mine, two months ago, applied EC for HSMP, again from Saudi Arabia, got EC. Once he got EC, he resigns, stamp Final Exit from saudi authorities, left UK. This is right procedure.

In my case they want to start with Final Exit? Why???

nsm2010

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:53 am

Thanx God,

I called Riyadh Embassy for clarification and found there is no such requirements as Jeddah consulate people were asking for. It looks to be quite simple process without any integra or such thing.

Kindly advice me about what reasons should i make to obtain defferred effective date for EC.I want 2 months postdated EC.

Secondly my wife is alsodoing job since Five years, but she never opened her account, instead she keeps her savings at home only. Can I show these savings as mine, after putting these in my account (off course, after getting her consent letter to do so).

Lastly, I have +GBP 10,000 funds available in my accounts + I have GBP 47,000 worth of property in my home country + Car. Do I still need to show my wife's savings? We are only four person, me, my wife and two kids only. Is there any support letter will be beneficial?

nsm2020

Jayceesh

Re: ALL ABOUT EC

Post by Jayceesh » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:45 am

1)How much time is allowed to file for EC, once you get your HSMP initial approval?,
6 months max as explained by others
2)How much time is allowed to travel once u got your EC stamped
1 month maximum in my own opinion and speaking from personal expereience.

The main reason is because of your ILR. After you get your EC and have your initial 2 years, it is in your own interest to enter the UK within a month of receiving your EC. In this way, you will only need to extend your HSMP once (using FLR(HSMP) to get the remaining 3 years) before you apply for ILR (as you need to apply for ILR when you get to 4 years 11 months in the UK).
3)How it will effect for ILR at the end of five year period, If I choose to delay my departure for two months after getting EC stamped?
If however, you enter the UK about 2 months or more after your EC, you will have to apply for FLR(HSMP) twice in order to make the complete 4 years 11 months needed as of today's laws for ILR.

Also remember that 3 or 5 years down the line as the case may be for EC or FLR(HSMP), you will not qualify for the same age group you will have used to apply initially. So no points for age in the future.
4) Is it possible to take short breaks or holidays during 5 year period or not?
It counts towards your ILR as explained by others
Kindly advice me about what reasons should i make to obtain defferred effective date for EC.I want 2 months postdated EC.
Others that I know requesting for such attached a cover note along with their application stating the date they want the EC to start from. This is probably what most of us should have done. Hope this works for you too.
Secondly my wife is alsodoing job since Five years, but she never opened her account, instead she keeps her savings at home only. Can I show these savings as mine, after putting these in my account (off course, after getting her consent letter to do so).
I see no reason why you cant use her savings. And IMO, the BHC will never know whether the money was borrowed or not in any case, I think all they are interested is the evidence of funds to support you and your family in the UK when you get there.

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:05 pm

I need some clarification regading Q5.5 in Sectin 5 of VAF! form.

Q 5.5 Do you have any family or close friends in the UK?

Freind of mine is living in London who recently got EC, is it beneficial to to answer yes? bcz still he didnt signed a job contract and he is not having his own address?

for Q 5.6 Please give the full address, tel of the places qhere yu will be staying during your visit?
I my case I am showing Hotel booking, Whereas ny spouse & kids will be travelling after 2 months of my arrival in UK. In their case what should be the anser?

Section 7

Q 7.1 What job you propose to take in the UK?
Architect

Q7.2 Please give the name, add, tel of your UK employer?
I dont have any job offer yet. what to answer??
What will be in my spouse case?

Kindly helpe in filling out these questions.

nsm2010

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:07 pm

I need some clarification regading Q5.5 in Sectin 5 of VAF! form.

Freind of mine is living in London who recently got EC, is it beneficial to to answer yes? bcz he didnt signed a job contract yet and he is not having his own home address?

Q 5.6 Please give the full address, tel of the places qhere yu will be staying during your visit?
In my case I am showing Hotel booking, Whereas my spouse & kids will be travelling after 2 months of my arrival in UK. In their case what should be the answer?

Section 7

Architect

Kindly help me in filling out these questions.

nsm2010

saratbabu07

Post by saratbabu07 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:47 am

Dear nsm2010,

Freind of mine is living in London who recently got EC, is it beneficial to to answer yes? bcz he didnt signed a job contract yet and he is not having his own home address?
Tick NO

Q 5.6 Please give the full address, tel of the places qhere yu will be staying during your visit?
In my case I am showing Hotel booking, Whereas my spouse & kids will be travelling after 2 months of my arrival in UK. In their case what should be the answer?
If you are applying EC for your dependents then please show the same details as yours.

Section 7

Architect
NO Leave it blank if you don`t have an offer from UK

Leave it blank if you don`t have an offer from UK

shyol
Newly Registered

dependant visa

Post by shyol » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:16 am

Please I would like you to give me a direction on this issue.

My wife was given HSMP approval in March 2007,just about the time she visited the UK with my daughter(my daughter's visa was on her passport).She wanted to maximise the 6 months gap between approval and EC therefore she applied for EC 2 weeks ago but could not include my daughter and I because the visa office requested for a separate passport for our 18 month old daughter.

The EC visa was granted her today.The visa section of "Number of dependants" read "0(zero)" because my daughter and I were not included in the application.

My daughter's passport will be issued in the next few weeks here in Nigeria;Can my daughter and I apply as dependants before she leaves for the UK?

Thanks for your time

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:41 pm

Thanx Sarat,

nsm2010

Isbdian
Newly Registered

Can I declare my mother as dependent

Post by Isbdian » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

Can I declare my approx. 70 years old widow mother as my dependent while applying for EC?

She lives with me and I am not married.

Please advise.

Regards,

hsmp_hyd
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_hyd » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:17 pm

Guys Plzz Help..
Am planning to apply for EC on Monday.
I want to know whether the letter frm CA is mandatory or not.
I have arnd 3.5 lakhs in bank for my expenses. Still I need CA letter????plzzzz do reply..

Thanks
hsmp_hyd

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:25 am

Regarding EC applications, can Balance certificate from bank substitute the itemised bank statements????

nsm2010