ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sending graduation/degree certificate vs Registry letter:

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RedMoon

Sending graduation/degree certificate vs Registry letter:

Post by RedMoon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:17 pm

Hi All,

I would like to use a period of claiming Treaty Rights as a student.

In Section 2 page 17 (supporting documents) of form AN (exact wording attached to this message as a file) the request for evidence document of being a student is written in a way that could be interpreted as if it has to be a graduation certificate.

However, in order to proof that I have graduated in English (and at the UK university) I have obtained a stamped letter from the university Registry confirming the above along with dates, my home address at the time, graduation date etc.

my questions are:

1) Will the letter from the Registry suffice?

2) what should I put as the end of a period as a student: course end date or graduation date (which was 4 months later)?

Big thanks
Attachments
Section 2 page 17 (supporting documents) of form AN.jpg
Section 2 page 17 (supporting documents) of form AN.jpg (222.54 KiB) Viewed 517 times

RedMoon

Re: Sending graduation/degree certificate vs Registry letter

Post by RedMoon » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:20 pm

Hi everyone,

Just to add: I hold a degree from UK university (Aston University) and would like to claim my knowledge of English on the basis of this degree as well as the period of claiming Treaty Rights as a student.

I've been looking through Guide AN and found the attached.

The first OR would suggest that to confirm knowledge of English it is either a B1 certificate or (point 4 towards the bottom:) SENDING A (UK in my case) DEGREE CERTIFICATE with a letter from University that it was taught in English PLUS "plus and original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming that the equivalent level of your degree" -which I don't know whether it applies and what does it mean (it does not look to be written well).

I'm really confused. Please help: how does it work in practice, will a letter from the university Registry confirming that I have graduated from the course taught in English be enough or do I have to send my original degree certificate?

Also, what does this NARIC requirement mean? -Do I need to attach anything else if I have graduated in English in the UK?
Attachments
Sending a degree requirement.jpg
Sending a degree requirement.jpg (339.45 KiB) Viewed 455 times

RedMoon

Post by RedMoon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:45 pm

Could anyone experienced please please help me with that. One line answer should do.

Big thanks in advance.

Torex

Post by Torex » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:23 am

Hello,
from similar posts on this forum I can say:
1) Will the letter from the Registry suffice?
I would suggest sending a letter as well as the certificate.
2) what should I put as the end of a period as a student: course end date or graduation date (which was 4 months later)?
End of course.
Also, what does this NARIC requirement mean? -Do I need to attach anything else if I have graduated in English in the UK?
NARIC compares qualifications gained in other countries to UK standard. If you studied in the UK, you don't need it.

Do you have comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI) for the time you exercise your Treaty Rights as a student?

RedMoon

Post by RedMoon » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:09 pm

Big thanks for reply Torex,

I don't have CSI but I have received my HO registration certificate before 2011 without being asked for CSI that's why I think I would qualify under transitional arrangements. I was a student and a worker for most of the time (apart from 3 months gap of not being a worker and being "only" a student). I believe that I have registered with HO as a student because I have rung HO helpline and found out that they faxed my Uni back then (fax log) and also it turned out that I have submitted Learning Authority Funding student funding letter (name of the letter in HO records).