ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Point based system print out

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ratz

Point based system print out

Post by ratz » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:15 pm

Hi,

On the AN form under the support documents it suggests the following :

Evidence of knowledge of Language and of Life in the UK

Your original degree certificate and one of the following:

1.A print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English

I enclosed my degree with my ILR application a few months ago but didn't send anything else with it. That turned out ok.

I have a degree taught in the United Kingdom and just had a look at the point based system : (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator) Do I just select any option? Tier 1 Tier 2 or Tier 4? I chose Tier 2 as I have been on a tier 2 visa before. I then took print outs of the attached screens ; Screen showing my english qualification, degree, university etc. and the final summary of the point based system.

Would this suffice?

Thank you in advance.
Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 16.04.20.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 16.04.20.png (109.65 KiB) Viewed 730 times
Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 16.04.01.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 16.04.01.png (139.63 KiB) Viewed 730 times

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Point based system print out

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:02 pm

ratz wrote:Hi,

On the AN form under the support documents it suggests the following :

Evidence of knowledge of Language and of Life in the UK

Your original degree certificate and one of the following:

1.A print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English

I enclosed my degree with my ILR application a few months ago but didn't send anything else with it. That turned out ok.

I have a degree taught in the United Kingdom
If your degree was taught in the UK, then that alone should suffice. However if you wish you could also send a printout of the PBS sheet - selecting Tier 2 as you were on that before.
I haven't applied yet, but will be doing the same, as the UK degree cert itself has been accepted in the past. The PBS sheet helps more with Verification when your degree is not taught in the UK.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:02 pm

You don't need PBS print out for UK degree.
If you still want to send it, chose tier 1.

ratz

Post by ratz » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Thanks guys, I've taken a print out just in case. cs95tdg ; I'm off to NCS tomorrow, will let you know how it goes.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:53 pm

ratz wrote:Thanks guys, I've taken a print out just in case. cs95tdg ; I'm off to NCS tomorrow, will let you know how it goes.
Yes, I'd do the same myself, as the AN form seems to indicate that it's required, irrespective of whether the degree was taught in the UK or not.