ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DL or FLRO?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Usernameinvalid
Newly Registered

DL or FLRO?

Post by Usernameinvalid » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:27 pm

Hi there.

I was hopeing some one could point to the right direction.

I came to UK in 2002 as minor applied for asylum and was granted discretionary leave to remain up until i turn 18.
Prior to expiry i applied for extension, however that got refused.
Since then i continued my stay without a visa. :roll:
In 2010 HO wrote to me asking me to send them some pictures and that my application was being considered under legacy majugaly.
After major delay from that god forsaken place i finally received my DLR 3 YR stay in 2012 may.
It's that time again :( dealing with HO as i need to extended the visa for further 3 YRs.

Question is DO i need to Apply for extension under FLR(O) or DL form?

From reading FLRO it seems to me that i technically do not qualify under it, but more under DL. DL is Free! FLRO is jaw dropping 600 earth pounds, What a great business!!!HO bravo .
They gave me first 3 years for free, so does not make sense that i should pay for extension? Besides it should have been ILR like first 600,000 Legacy applicants, until they change it to 3 yr DL.
What do you think friends?

Obie
Ireland

Re: DL or FLRO?

Post by Obie » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:57 pm

It is FLR (O) form that you have to use and there is a fee of 601 pounds unless you are in a state of destitution.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

MandeepD
BANNED

Re: DL or FLRO?

Post by MandeepD » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:48 pm

[ DL application is only relevant if you had previosuly applied for asylum and were refused at the same tiem granted DL. In all other circumstances it is FLR(O) application form. Contact me on 00000000000 to discuss further."]Hi there.

I was hopeing some one could point to the right direction.

I came to UK in 2002 as minor applied for asylum and was granted discretionary leave to remain up until i turn 18.
Prior to expiry i applied for extension, however that got refused.
Since then i continued my stay without a visa. :roll:
In 2010 HO wrote to me asking me to send them some pictures and that my application was being considered under legacy majugaly.
After major delay from that god forsaken place i finally received my DLR 3 YR stay in 2012 may.
It's that time again :( dealing with HO as i need to extended the visa for further 3 YRs.

Question is DO i need to Apply for extension under FLR(O) or DL form?

From reading FLRO it seems to me that i technically do not qualify under it, but more under DL. DL is Free! FLRO is jaw dropping 600 earth pounds, What a great business!!!HO bravo .
They gave me first 3 years for free, so does not make sense that i should pay for extension? Besides it should have been ILR like first 600,000 Legacy applicants, until they change it to 3 yr DL.
What do you think friends?[/quote]