ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application - ILR Card needed?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TorontoUK
Newly Registered

Passport application - ILR Card needed?

Post by TorontoUK » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Hi guys,

I just sent in my passport application today. I received my naturalisation certificate yesterday so sent off the application today through check and send at the post office.

With my application, I sent my naturalisation certificate, Canadian passport as it stated on the document. The individual asked for Biometric ILR card, and I told her, that my understanding is that it's not required. She said that she'd send it off, but if they needed it, they'd ask me.

Anyway so I just had a look at my receipt, and under documents missing she included "RPC" (which I assume means Residence Permit Certificate).

Anyway my understanding is that you DO NOT need to send the ILR - am I correct?
And will this cause any issues?

Thanks in advance

zeusmagnanimous

Re: Passport application - ILR Card needed?

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:16 pm

You dont need to send BRP - you are fine.

TorontoUK
Newly Registered

Post by TorontoUK » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Thanks for that.

BeenThruItAll
Newly Registered

Post by BeenThruItAll » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:48 pm

After reading so many posts about the misguided info by the Post office staff... I'm definitely going to apply without check and send and save £10 for curry dinner.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:42 pm

BeenThruItAll wrote:After reading so many posts about the misguided info by the Post office staff... I'm definitely going to apply without check and send and save £10 for curry dinner.
Good decision

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:31 pm

BeenThruItAll wrote:I'm definitely going to apply without check and send and save £10 for curry dinner.
Are you planning to hand deliver the application yourself? :lol:
Special delivery both ways alone can cost £10-14, besides its better to have another set of eyes go over the application in case you missed something
Manka

The.Watcher

Post by The.Watcher » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:33 pm

Manka10 wrote:
BeenThruItAll wrote:After reading so many posts about the misguided info by the Post office staff... I'm definitely going to apply without check and send and save £10 for curry dinner.
Are you planning to hand deliver the application yourself? :lol:
Special delivery both ways alone can cost £10-14, besides its better to have another set of eyes go over the application in case you missed something
But when those other set of eyes start forcing a requirement from their own misunderstanding, then avoiding the hassle alone is worth the additional cost of just posting it yourself as per OP.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:22 pm

The.Watcher wrote:But when those other set of eyes start forcing a requirement from their own misunderstanding, then avoiding the hassle alone is worth the additional cost of just posting it yourself as per OP.
I was only comparing the cost, difficult to save £10 for curry dinner in any scenario :lol:
Besides this may be one of those few isolated cases, never know unless you go to your own PO and find out if they are demanding something which is not required
Manka

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:29 pm

Manka10 wrote:
The.Watcher wrote:But when those other set of eyes start forcing a requirement from their own misunderstanding, then avoiding the hassle alone is worth the additional cost of just posting it yourself as per OP.
I was only comparing the cost, difficult to save £10 for curry dinner in any scenario :lol:
Besides this may be one of those few isolated cases, never know unless you go to your own PO and find out if they are demanding something which is not required
With the experience I have with check and send, I wouldn't even use it even if it saves me money.
Technically you only save about 3 quid by not using check and send but the way I see it, you are paying 3 quid extra so that they make you send extra documents which aren't even needed. If they refuse to send your application then you have to go back and get whatever they have asked. So basically, you are paying 3 quid so someone can waste your time and give you bother. Thank you very much PO but I'll save myself 3 quid, time and a lot of worries.
In my case, lady asked me for my birth certificate when I applied for my daughter's passport after her registration as British Citizenship. When I told her that it is not required and pointed towards guidance book, lady said she knows better and she does it day in day out. Applied for 3 more passport on my own afterwards and never had an issue.