ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gucci9

Re: Spousal Visa Application-Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by gucci9 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:53 pm

sean2606 wrote:
gucci9 wrote:Ok guys so iv just emailed and asked for an update on my application (for the first time)

All I had to full in was name , date of birth, country of application (pakistan )
And the ref number

There was also a question Box which was compulsory to fill ol so I just put could I get an update on my application?

And there was a drop down too.

Please can anyone confirm that this is the correct way of receiving an update? ?

Thanks

X
Yes it is gucci9 unless you are asking for an escalation then a few more details will be required.
Thanks for the response
I didn't see no option for escalating?
However I'm not thinking about escalation at the moment just want an update at the most!!
Visa Granted Shukar Alhamdulillah :)

gucci9

Re: Spousal Visa Application- Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by gucci9 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:54 pm

Zobair wrote:
gucci9 wrote:Ok guys so iv just emailed and asked for an update on my application (for the first time)

All I had to full in was name , date of birth, country of application (pakistan )
And the ref number

There was also a question Box which was compulsory to fill ol so I just put could I get an update on my application?

And there was a drop down too.

Please can anyone confirm that this is the correct way of receiving an update? ?

Thanks

X

Yeah it is from what I remember, you should get a reply back tomorrow hopefully.
Thanks

gucci9

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by gucci9 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:22 pm

So iv got a response from my update request and it has not yet been assessed by the ECO?

Anyone else ever recieved this update and what does this mean?

Thanks

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:34 pm

gucci9 wrote:So iv got a response from my update request and it has not yet been assessed by the ECO?

Thanks
It could be just a generic email sent. If its been more than 8 weeks that you have submitted your case. I think you should escalate your case.

AyeM.Ali

Post by AyeM.Ali » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:35 pm

gucci9 wrote:So iv got a response from my update request and it has not yet been assessed by the ECO?

Thanks

When did you apply? And from where?

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:10 pm

Ayem and sean it's been 3 weeks since iv applied still early days.

I only requested an update because I know a few people who applied same time as me and recieved updates that's why I thought I'd ask.

Anybody know what this means?

X

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:31 pm

gucci9 wrote:Ayem and sean it's been 3 weeks since iv applied still early days.

I only requested an update because I know a few people who applied same time as me and recieved updates that's why I thought I'd ask.

Anybody know what this means?

X
Gucci9 like everyone says you should ask for an update after 8 weeks I did the same as you and started stressing for nothing. It just means that your case hasn't been assessed/checked by an Entry Clearance Officer yet.

I guess its just luck on whose application gets processed quicker. Check the processing times on gov.uk for the city you have applied from as its different for each city.

Hemmaa
Newly Registered

Post by Hemmaa » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:47 pm

Hi Guys
I applied for my mother and my sister Family visitor visa and it has now been refused on the basis of credibility of the application.
the reasons:
For my mother they had stated that:
1. They had tried to contact me (sponsor) 3 times without success and this point damages the credibility of the application.
2. You are unemployment (my mother) and dependant on your husband. You have not stated what his income is? And you have not stated how much your husband gives you each month and there is no evidential support to demonstrate your financial position.
3. There is nothing to indicate that your husband is content for you to use his fund on a visit to the UK.
For my sister they had stated that:
1. They had tried to contact me (sponsor) 3 times without success and this point damages the credibility of the application.
2. You are employed(my sister) and have submitted a letter from your employer confirming this however, this document does not demonstrate your financial circumstances
3. You state that your father will be responsible for meeting the cost of the visit and there is nothing to indicate that he is happy for you to use this funds.
What can i do i will replay again but what are the required documents to avoid this reasons ?

Many thanks

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:14 pm

Hemmaa wrote:Hi Guys
I applied for my mother and my sister Family visitor visa and it has now been refused on the basis of credibility of the application.
the reasons:
For my mother they had stated that:
2. You are unemployment (my mother) and dependant on your husband. You have not stated what his income is? And you have not stated how much your husband gives you each month and there is no evidential support to demonstrate your financial position.
3. There is nothing to indicate that your husband is content for you to use his fund on a visit to the UK.
For my sister they had stated that:
2. You are employed(my sister) and have submitted a letter from your employer confirming this however, this document does not demonstrate your financial circumstances
3. You state that your father will be responsible for meeting the cost of the visit and there is nothing to indicate that he is happy for you to use this funds.
What can i do i will replay again but what are the required documents to avoid this reasons ?

Many thanks

Hey ... Ur on the wrong foram ... This is for spouse visa .. But goodluck with ur query

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:33 pm

:D :D :D Its been Long time my homies i am back to see if any of my old homie still waiting for spouse visa.Alhamdulillah life is good since my wife joined me, and wish all of you get yours ASAP.
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

Fari990
Pakistan

Post by Fari990 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:46 am

Salaam brothers and sisters

By the grace of allah swt ... I just collected my visa alhamdulilah, didnt think i would ever get it soo soon, i was thinking maybe end of aprill or may i would get a reply but alhamdulilah just in 3 weeks i got the visa. I cannot thank everyone on this forum enough, for all your help and support that has been given to me and my husband, when i joined this forum i knew very little but this exact forum helped me perfect my case. Thankyou to everyone who ever gave me any advice all of you brothers and sisters allah bless your marriages and give you A lifetime of happiness and peace. Ameen
Sister fari
Married:24/08/2014
Category A
Submitted online application:13/02/2015
Documents submitted in Mirpur on:26/02/2015
Received BHC Islamabad:27/02/2015
Processed Email:17/03/2015
Call from Gerrys:18/03/2015
Visa collected:19/03/2015
Stamp date:17/03/15

shfh7815
Pakistan

Post by shfh7815 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:49 am

Congrats fari...I'm really pleased for u :)
Im still waiting for a call from Gerry office...it's been processed since last week...how long did it take before they got in contact with u?
Biometrics 11th may
Processed 10th August - refused
Appeal submitted 26th Aug
Confirmation 12th October
MP letter 12th Nov
Appeal deadline- 22 Jan
Email- refusal overturned- 24th Nov
Call- will email letter for submission - 26th Nov

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:51 am

Fari990 wrote:Salaam brothers and sisters

By the grace of allah swt ... I just collected my visa alhamdulilah, didnt think i would ever get it soo soon, i was thinking maybe end of aprill or may i would get a reply but alhamdulilah just in 3 weeks i got the visa. I cannot thank everyone on this forum enough, for all your help and support that has been given to me and my husband, when i joined this forum i knew very little but this exact forum helped me perfect my case. Thankyou to everyone who ever gave me any advice all of you brothers and sisters allah bless your marriages and give you A lifetime of happiness and peace. Ameen
Sister fari

Congratulations Fari!!!!!
Well done happy for you :D

Fari990
Pakistan

Post by Fari990 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:51 am

shfh7815 wrote:Congrats fari...I'm really pleased for u :)
Im still waiting for a call from Gerry office...it's been processed since last week...how long did it take before they got in contact with u?
Jazakallah kheir ... They contacted me the very next day via email, text and call. X
Category A

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:52 am

shfh7815 wrote:Congrats fari...I'm really pleased for u :)
Last edited by gucci9 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fari990
Pakistan

Post by Fari990 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:52 am

gucci9 wrote:

Sister fari

Congratulations Fari!!!!!
Well done happy for you :D

Jazakalaah kheir gucci, i hope and pray that you also get your visa inshalah. Xx
Category A

Mayo99

Post by Mayo99 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:07 am

Sister fari
Congrats sis happy for u dont forget us with ur pray :)

Fari990
Pakistan

Post by Fari990 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:20 am

Mayo99 wrote:

Sister fari
Congrats sis happy for u dont forget us with ur pray :)

No inshalah i will not forget you sisters , allah bless you all and allah all reunite you with your husbands. Ameen. X
Category A

aminoacid88

Post by aminoacid88 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:09 am

[/quote]

Applied online 23rd Feb
Submitted docs and biometrics on 2nd March in Khi.

No updates!

What about you?[/quote]

Wife applied on 09/02/15 asked for a status on 02/03/15 received a reply the same day 'not been assessed by an ECO' was just wondering how far behind is Karachi from other cities in order of forms being processed[/quote]

This applicant AminoAcid88 applied 14th January and he/she has received an email stating that their application has been processed and completed. So I'm assuming with Karachi they're still on January.[/quote]

Hi Ayem.Ali,
I sent an email asking for an update last Friday - which was 8 weeks since submission of my application. They said that its been processed. But i'm still waiting for an email from the BHC and Gerry's..don't know how long that'll take - its almost a week now!

Mrs K

Post by Mrs K » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:13 am

Hey guys,

I AM SO HAPPY. My husband received a call today for submission of pasport and new TB test certificate. They told him him that they will send a call letter on mail and also they will post it so that my hus can take a copy of the letter to submit passport. I have a question here. Can someone answer me pls. Does he hav to wait for the letter thru post? Or can he just print a copy of the mail he recived today.?

Thanks in advance

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:30 am

My wife is arriving this afternoon!
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

AyeM.Ali

Post by AyeM.Ali » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:46 am

aminoacid88 wrote:
Applied online 23rd Feb
Submitted docs and biometrics on 2nd March in Khi.

No updates!

What about you?[/quote]

Wife applied on 09/02/15 asked for a status on 02/03/15 received a reply the same day 'not been assessed by an ECO' was just wondering how far behind is Karachi from other cities in order of forms being processed[/quote]

This applicant AminoAcid88 applied 14th January and he/she has received an email stating that their application has been processed and completed. So I'm assuming with Karachi they're still on January.[/quote]

Hi Ayem.Ali,
I sent an email asking for an update last Friday - which was 8 weeks since submission of my application. They said that its been processed. But i'm still waiting for an email from the BHC and Gerry's..don't know how long that'll take - its almost a week now!
[/quote]

InshaAllah dw! It should be soon. Gerry's might contact you to collect your passport now. Since you've already received an email update saying its processed.

AyeM.Ali

Post by AyeM.Ali » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:48 am

MashaAllah many congratulations to all of you who have got the visa and to those whose spouses are joining them. May Allah bless you all more and may Allah bless us all too and end our waits.

Ameen!

:)

shfh7815
Pakistan

Post by shfh7815 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:50 am

Hey aminoacid88...I asked for update on monday and it was processed....I'm also waiting for a call :/
How long do they normally take?
Biometrics 11th may
Processed 10th August - refused
Appeal submitted 26th Aug
Confirmation 12th October
MP letter 12th Nov
Appeal deadline- 22 Jan
Email- refusal overturned- 24th Nov
Call- will email letter for submission - 26th Nov

AHMED.46001

Post by AHMED.46001 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:56 am

Mrs K wrote:Hey guys,

I AM SO HAPPY. My husband received a call today for submission of pasport and new TB test certificate. They told him him that they will send a call letter on mail and also they will post it so that my hus can take a copy of the letter to submit passport. I have a question here. Can someone answer me pls. Does he hav to wait for the letter thru post? Or can he just print a copy of the mail he recived today.?

Thanks in advance
Congrats Mrs K! It's been a bit of a wait hasn't it? My wife is still waiting for her call letter.

It might be worth contacting gerrys to see if its ok to print the email and turn up. Doesn't seem like something that should be a problem but then again one shouldn't assume.
WIFE SUBMITTED: 01/08/13 (ISL)
INTERVIEW: 13/05/14
RFC: 21/05/14
DATE REJECTED: 28/04/14 (hmm.. Makes sense)
APPEALED: 29/05/14
DEADLINE: 04/11/14
HEARING: 8/01/15
APPEAL GRANTED: 20/01/15