ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor License application and switch after revocation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dialectic

Sponsor License application and switch after revocation

Post by dialectic » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:34 am

Hi fellow members

Here's the story. I have been sponsored as a tier 2 general since july 2013. On oct 2014 the sponsor license got suspended and finally revoked a week ago (No curtailment letter yet)

I got interviewed for a new company some weeks ago for a different kind of job (different SOC code) in which I have years of experience and qualifications. I went for a trial period. They said they want me in and agreed to get a license (documents are being gathered now and adverts are being prepared for the RLMT). They don't have a lot of experience since they have not done it in the past, so I am worried about various things:

1. Do I have enough time to sort it out and apply with the new company?
2. I am still going to the new place doing my trial as some work needs to be taken care of. I am worried about pre license visits. Don't know if they do visits every time and whether it would be better to step out until the license gets sorted
3. Will the fact that my previous company got revoked become an obstacle/reason to be concerned / reason to have my tier 2 application refused?
4. Will changing to a new SOC code affect things?
5. Which date should I put on my visa expiry date if my VIsa was curtailed? How can I calculate the dates?

I really appreciate your feedback :)

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Sponsor License application and switch after revocation

Post by iworker » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:10 am

1. Depends. U will have 60 days from the date they write to you curtailing your leave. It may be that it takes them a month to write to you or they may send a letter in a day. It takes around 2 months for a sponsor to get a licence.
2. U should not be there when they come for a pre-visit. I recomend that u get a contract with them on volunteer basis with no salary till you have a visa.

3. No
4. No, RLMT must be done correctly.
5. Where do you want to put this date? If you do get a curtailment letter before applying new visa, then put the curtailed date.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:39 am

Hi iworker

Thanks a lot for your reply

A couple of thoughts

1. I suggested having a voluntary work agreement/Work experience, but I understand the company has to be a charity (?) is that correct?

2. Apart from an advert on Directgov and another one on gumtree, which are the standard documents/proofs of a RLMT done correctly?
Notes on shortlisted candidates explaining reasons for not going further with their application and so on?

3. I understood the license took 2-4 weeks. Do they always visit or is that decided according to the documents provided in the application?

Thanks a lot for your help

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:25 am

Hi guys

Any insights regarding my latest comments

I really appreciate your help :)

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:26 pm

Anyone?

I have another question. I know the ad for the RLMT has been posted on Univ. Jobmatch, Gumtree and Indeed... would that be enough for a proper RLMT?

Thanks a lot