ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 application interview in Liverpool

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Victorxs
Newly Registered

EEA4 application interview in Liverpool

Post by Victorxs » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:21 pm

First of all congratulations to all the moderators for this extremely useful forum.

I am an EEA national and we sent my non-EEA wife's EEA4 application last year (2014) in August. After 7 months of waiting we received an invitation to attend an interview in Liverpool. This came as a surprise, because at the time of applying I already held my permanent residence, so we thought the application would be quick and straightforward. I know that there have been a number of threads concerning interviews, but I was wondering if there are any members who have been though it recently, especially for EEA4 applications. Will the questions cover our 10 years together? Will they go back to the day of our wedding? Can anyone remember questions that were particularly tricky, and were later used as grounds for refusal? Finally, we are also wondering if we should ask our solicitor to accompany us or not. Is is better to do it or does it perhaps send a wrong signal to the interviewing official? Any thoughts from members would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

KALTS
BANNED

Re: EEA4 application interview in Liverpool

Post by KALTS » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi Victorxs,

Sorry to jump in and asking some questions in return to your questions.

I applied in Sept last year and haven't heard back from HO till date. Each time I called them got the same answer - "you have to wait for 6 months" . I would like to ask 1) if you and your wife were interviewed during her EEA Family permit application and 2) You said you had Permanent residence when you applied for your wife's EEA4, is it a PR card or acquired PR status after 5 years in UK ? Looks like am in a long wait as well.. Thank you in advance.

Victorxs
Newly Registered

Post by Victorxs » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:07 pm

Hi KALTS

1) No, we weren't interviewed for her EEA2 application
2) I had a PR card which I had obtained a few years before my wife's EEA4 application, so when her residence card was due to expire we didn't have to submit EEA4 and EEA3 together, only EEA4 for her.

Looks like after a fairly efficient period there are more delays now.

Victorxs
Newly Registered

Post by Victorxs » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:18 pm

Hi
Are there no members with some recent experience of the interview in Liverpool? The information in the older threads may not be up-to-date... Following the recent changes in the immigration rules the interview procedures may have changed as well and I would be keen to hear from members who have been through it recently... Please share. Maybe Senior Members and/or Moderators have some relevant info? Thanks

KALTS
BANNED

Post by KALTS » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:45 pm

Hi Victorxs

It looks like no one has been through an interview for EEA4 recently. I wish I could help you out. It seems my case is also heading the same way as yours. It's been more than 6 months since I applied for my EEA4 but haven't heard back from HO till now. They simply ask me to wait till I hear from them. My case is very straightforward just like yours (applied with Spouse's PR card and other relevant docs) but I don't understand the reason for such a long delay. I wish you all the very best with the interview and hope someone here share their experience before you attend the interview.

kkuk

Post by kkuk » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:49 am

Hi there

We had interview in december 2014 for eea4 which lasted 3 hours for both of us.
If you read my december threads I have mentioned the whole background.
When is yours scheduled for?