ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee address on AN form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Miangee

Referee address on AN form

Post by Miangee » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:25 pm

Hi dear member
I have to apply my naturalisation application next week while reviewing AN form I have got confusion as one of my referee has written his home address instead of office address
She is senior customer services advisor in Qatar airway

My question is shall professional referee needs to write office address or Home address

She written like this
First line word family friend
Then her age xx then her profession xx (is that fine are needs to write age and profession first then family friend)

Date of birth
Home address
Email Address
Passport number
Mobile
Signature

Can u plz shed on this which address needs to be write and there must be age first then profession and then family friend if that is case need to get signature again on new form
If I send like that and there is some mistake in form will they send that back if not accepted or I need to reapply with new fees

Thanks

jamesjames

Re: Referee address on AN form

Post by jamesjames » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:38 am

One of my referees used his home address while the other used his work address and I didn't have any problem having my application approved. I am not sure it matters as long as they can be contacted if need be. Seniors on the forum can advise better if I am wrong.

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:52 am

hi
Thanks James for your quick reply
I just want to know that Professional referee should write office address or Home address along with his/her profession
if some one will not write profession and office address how would they know its a professional referee.
will this acceptable if profession is written and home address is written instead of office address of professional referee.
any senior plz explain to resolve the confusion
thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:04 am

Miangee wrote: I just want to know that Professional referee should write office address or Home address along with his/her profession
if some one will not write profession and office address how would they know its a professional referee.
will this acceptable if profession is written and home address is written instead of office address of professional referee.
any senior plz explain to resolve the confusion
thanks
My understanding is that the address that's required is the residential address of the referee. I.e. there is a note right beneath the field stating the referee should provide former addresses on page 15 if they have lived there for less than 3 years - which supports this understanding. However I doubt it would be an issue if they entered their work address(s) instead, if they wished to do so.

As far as whether they are a professional or not goes, my guess is that they'd use the profession that the referee enters in the form to establish this. I have not applied yet, but have completed my form where both my referees have entered their residential address, which I believe would be correct. In essence I believe you should be fine.

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:27 am

Hi
any senior plz advice

What address has to put a professional referee Home Address Or His Office Address
well i dont want to loose £906 if we can manage

and whats HO do if there dont accept any referee will they send form invalid or refused and fees is gone

explain plz

thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:47 am

Miangee wrote:What address has to put a professional referee Home Address Or His Office Address.
Either the Home address or Office address will be fine IMHO.

The HO will not refuse an application purely based on a referee not being acceptable (or if they have provided an office address instead of a home address), they will contact you to provide an alternative referee; or else if they need to verify anything such as their address they will directly contact the referee using the contact details provided. I'd say the main thing would be that the referee(s) can be reached using the contact details they have provided.