ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it realistically possible for me go to Spain and work?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ComatosePen
Newly Registered

Is it realistically possible for me go to Spain and work?

Post by ComatosePen » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:41 pm

I'm a Uk citizen. I want to work in Spain and live there, but I was reading up on it and apparently I need to first apply for something called a NIE/registration certificate, since apparently any employer will ask for one first. BUT I also read that some of the paperwork you need to get a NIE includes an employment contract or otherwise proof of having a job in Spain. Either that, or proof that i can be self sufficient, which I don' have because of lack of funds (I doubt the savings I have will be enough for them).

The way things are for me right now, I don't think i could find a job before actually moving to Spain, and my plan was to move there and find a job ASAP after I'm already physically relocated there.

Is it possible for me to move there and find a job without having a NIE first? Or to get a NIE without officially being employed first?

navodwickra

Re: Is it realistically possible for me go to Spain and work

Post by navodwickra » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:04 pm

ComatosePen wrote:I'm a Uk citizen. I want to work in Spain and live there, but I was reading up on it and apparently I need to first apply for something called a NIE/registration certificate, since apparently any employer will ask for one first. BUT I also read that some of the paperwork you need to get a NIE includes an employment contract or otherwise proof of having a job in Spain. Either that, or proof that i can be self sufficient, which I don' have because of lack of funds (I doubt the savings I have will be enough for them).

The way things are for me right now, I don't think i could find a job before actually moving to Spain, and my plan was to move there and find a job ASAP after I'm already physically relocated there.

Is it possible for me to move there and find a job without having a NIE first? Or to get a NIE without officially being employed first?
Sounds like the NI number over here. You can go to Spain and find a job without any sort of visa but I think you need to do that within 90days because after that you need to get a residence permit (this is the case with most of the EU countries). To get that you need to prove that you have a job.