ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Succesful ILR Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raouuy
Newly Registered

Succesful ILR Application

Post by raouuy » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:29 pm

Hi All, just wanted to share my experience on Successful ILR application

PEO - Sheffield
Date of Application - 03 March 2015; 11:00am
Arrived 30 mins early
airport style security

Reception
Went up to the reception and submitted the file. A very friendly lady checked the payment sheet, application form and the photographs. She asked when was the photos taken? She completed an application sheet and handed over a token to track the progress.

Awaiting Case Registration
I waited until 11:50 while the case was getting registered.

Biometric
Around 11:55 my token was called for biometrics at counter 8. It took 10 mins for the enrolment. A very friendly staff asked If I remembered when was the last finger prints taken. In a form they will ask you to check the spellings of your name to be correct and sign the form an then fingerprints followed by photograph.

Awaiting Biometric Verification
My token on the tracking screen was there for another 20 minutes before it moved onto the next screen, Case under consideration.
Needless to say I was holding my heart in my mouth, was really tensed.

Case under Consideration
10 minutes later around 12:40, while I was goggle-ing to check max awaiting times, when the lady in reception called my token, I was trembling and went up to the counter. The lady returned my passports and smiled and congratulated me, as the application was approved. I had to sign a declaration that I received my originals back and checked my personal details are correct. She said the biometric will be posted within the next 7 working days.

Biometric card arrived on the 5th at 10:30 in the morning.

I extend my thanks to all the members and the moderators who has always shared their valuable comments and advice on this panel.

Thank you all.

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Re: Succesful ILR Application

Post by jayacpr » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Congratulations
Could i please know , what documents you have submitted please ?
does 5 years continuous employment necessary ?
Do you know Anything about having a ccj on credit report ???

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:26 pm

Congratulation...

raouuy
Newly Registered

Post by raouuy » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:25 pm

Hi Jaya, list of documents as follows (I applied on Tier 1 Gen category)
Payment Sheet & Confirmation Email
Cover Letter & PBS Point Summary Sheet
Application Form (SET O)
LIUK Pass Notification
Education Cert (UK MBA Degree)
Absence Letter from Employer
12 months Pay slips
Bank Statements
Employment Letters
P60
Previous VISA letters
Council Tax Bills
E Tickets
Photocopies of all documents

5 years continuous employment is not required, however you need to show earnings from the last 12 months withing 15 months preceding the application date. So some sort of employment on the last year before applying is required. Earnings could be from self employment, salary, dividends or bonuses and could be a single payment to earn enough points as per guidance.

Thanks

Shknissar
Newly Registered

Post by Shknissar » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:44 am

raouuy wrote:Hi All, just wanted to share my experience on Successful ILR application

PEO - Sheffield
Date of Application - 03 March 2015; 11:00am
Arrived 30 mins early
airport style security

Reception
Went up to the reception and submitted the file. A very friendly lady checked the payment sheet, application form and the photographs. She asked when was the photos taken? She completed an application sheet and handed over a token to track the progress.

Awaiting Case Registration
I waited until 11:50 while the case was getting registered.

Biometric
Around 11:55 my token was called for biometrics at counter 8. It took 10 mins for the enrolment. A very friendly staff asked If I remembered when was the last finger prints taken. In a form they will ask you to check the spellings of your name to be correct and sign the form an then fingerprints followed by photograph.

Awaiting Biometric Verification
My token on the tracking screen was there for another 20 minutes before it moved onto the next screen, Case under consideration.
Needless to say I was holding my heart in my mouth, was really tensed.

Case under Consideration
10 minutes later around 12:40, while I was goggle-ing to check max awaiting times, when the lady in reception called my token, I was trembling and went up to the counter. The lady returned my passports and smiled and congratulated me, as the application was approved. I had to sign a declaration that I received my originals back and checked my personal details are correct. She said the biometric will be posted within the next 7 working days.

Biometric card arrived on the 5th at 10:30 in the morning.

I extend my thanks to all the members and the moderators who has always shared their valuable comments and advice on this panel.

Thank you all.
Congrats

I wanted a bit of clarification about days of absences

My. Tier 1 visa stamped on 25/08/2010 for two years .came briefly for a period of one week and went back.
Came to UK on 4/01/2011 for one month(worked as a Locum)
Came back to settle permanently since April 22 2011
First extension done in June 2012 for three years.
Second extension done recently as was expecting a shortfall for ILR
if I calculate my time from 4/01/2011 till 4/01/2016. DO I qualify for ILR?
period so absence in 2011- 78 days
Period of absence. In 2012-30 days.
Periods of absence from 2013- till date. Would be not more than three weeks.
Do I need to show the periods of absences?
Would appreciate your input.

Thanks
Shknissar