ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife ILR Application Refused - Financial Requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arusha123
Newly Registered

Wife ILR Application Refused - Financial Requirement

Post by arusha123 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:02 pm

Hi,

I need someone's advice urgently.

My wife has applied for the UK settlement Visa from India in Jan2015. However UKBA has refused the application with the below text.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Refusal Decision:
"You are relying on your spouse's income from self employment in order to meet the financial requirement"

“In assessing your application against these requirements. I have noted the following:
- You sponsor started his business on 10/10/2014. The specified evidence required includes documents covering a 12 month period in order to establish income. Your sponsor will not be able to provide the required evidence until his business has operated for a full tax year at which time he would be in a position to submit documents relating to that 12 month period.

You have not therefore provided the required evidence or demonstrated that your spouse's income is over the minimum requirement of £22400. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the immigration rules. (E-ECP.3.1)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have provided payslips for the last 12 months which includes payslips from my new Job and my previous job.

I have changed my employment in the month of October-2014. I have opened a limited company in October2014 and I am the director of the Limited company. So I have produced the following documents
---- Payslips --- Jan-2014 till Oct-2014 (Previous Employment)
---- Payslips --- Nov-2014 till Dec-2014 (Current employment -- From the Limited Company)
---- Dividend Slips --- Nov-2014 till Dec-2014 (Current employment -- From the Limited Company)
---- Bank statements from Jan-2014 till Dec-2014

The total sum of my previous and current employment (£40,000) in the last 12 months is well above the limit of the minimum requirement of £22400.

My employment has been considered as a self employment ..? I am not exactly sure on what basis UKBA has considered my New job as Self Employment. --- Can you please explain..?

As a director of the Limited Company, do I need to wait for 12 months to complete before I apply for the VISA for my family..?

Has anyone had any experience of appealing against this situation..?

I will appreciate if someone can advise on this case.

Thanks

ashok2013
Newly Registered

Re: Wife ILR Application Refused - Financial Requirement

Post by ashok2013 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:44 am

Hello,

Can some please comment on the above query .

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Director of a limited company are usually considered as Self-Employed.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:33 pm

Director of a limited company are usually considered as Self-Employed.

As a director of a Limited company, you indeed

You application was clearly not for ILR , but Leave to enter as a family member of a Settled person.

arusha123
Newly Registered

Post by arusha123 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:32 pm

Thanks for your reply..

I have provided payslips for the last 12 months which includes payslips from my new Job and my previous job.

I have changed my employment in the month of October-2014. I have opened a limited company in October2014 and I am the director of the Limited company. So I have produced the following documents
---- Payslips --- Jan-2014 till Oct-2014 (Previous Employment)
---- Payslips --- Nov-2014 till Dec-2014 (Current employment -- From the Limited Company)
---- Dividend Slips --- Nov-2014 till Dec-2014 (Current employment -- From the Limited Company)
---- Bank statements from Jan-2014 till Dec-2014

But UKBA has refused the application stating that my Limited Company has not operated for full 12 months. But UKBA has not considered my permanent employment salary from Jan-14 till Oct-14.

Could anyone share any updates for this query please..?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:37 pm

How could it be considered if you are not currently in employment? At least that is what the law says they should do.

arusha123
Newly Registered

Post by arusha123 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:56 am

Thanks Obie...

Is there any other way for me to bring my family atleast for a short time (3-4 months). i.e Visitor Visa or any other visa..?

Are there any restriction/rules applicable on visitor visa for the the applicant for whom the VISA is refused for Family of the Settled person ..?

Please advice.