ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ceremony invitation letter lost,after booking date

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jojybaba

ceremony invitation letter lost,after booking date

Post by jojybaba » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:18 pm

Hi,

Please advise me ,do council allow to attend ceremony(to get certificate BP) with HO letter

actually i received invitation letter and then booked my ceremony in Bradford Council but unlucky
letter is lost.

i have previous letter of naturalisation approval letter but missed other one

i applogiz if same question already on the board

Regards

zeusmagnanimous

Re: ceremony invitation letter lost,after booking date

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:08 pm

It should not be a problem. The council should also send you a confirmation letter for your appointment, you should be able to use this one. Best call the council and ask them.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:19 pm

jojybaba wrote:Hi,

Please advise me ,do council allow to attend ceremony(to get certificate BP) with HO letter

actually i received invitation letter and then booked my ceremony in Bradford Council but unlucky
letter is lost.

Regards
Which one are you talking about? HO invitation letter or the council one? HO is the most important one and it says at the bottom of the letter that you should bring this to your ceremony. At my ceremony they didn't check the council invitation letter only the HO one.

jojybaba

Post by jojybaba » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:38 am

Hi,

Thanks for replying. ..iI lost HO letter

And council not yet send me letter

uote="navodwickra"]
jojybaba wrote:Hi,

letter is lost.

Regards
Which one are you talking about? HO invitation letter or the council one? HO is the most important one and it says at the bottom of the letter that you should bring this to your ceremony. At my ceremony they didn't check the council invitation letter only the HO one.[/quote]

nawaz

Post by nawaz » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 pm

The HO approval letter mentions that you have to take it with you to the ceremony. My council ceremony appointment letter also mentioned that you have to bring the HO letter with you otherwise you will not be allowed to attend the ceremony. On the day, both the letters were checked and kept before the ceremony. You should check with your council and then ask HO if they can send you a replacement.