ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Health Surcharge and FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yhdil

Immigration Health Surcharge and FLR(M)

Post by yhdil » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:21 pm

Hi, I hope that by now few of you have read about Immigration Health Surcharge

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... r-migrants

My query is that I have recently been granted ILR 10 Years Basis and have registered my son as British Citizen. My wife at the moment holds Tier 1 Dependent visa which I intend to switch to FLR(M) by 25th April at premium service, after having paid self employed self assessments. My wife joined me in Oct, 2012 and been living together ever since.

Do I have to make this stupid surcharge as I honestly don't think that it is justified. It should either be paid by every tax payer or none!

Also, My Mrs done B1 (ESOL level 3) from Pearson Edexcel in Nov, 2014. I have been utterly confused after speaking with different HO operators. Couple of them said that it is accepted until Nov, 2015 whilst one operator said that yes Pearson certificate is accepted but not the Pearson Edexcel. Can anyone guide please?

baldev42patel
Newly Registered

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge and FLR(M)

Post by baldev42patel » Fri May 08, 2015 11:45 am

i have same case as yours and i am trying o find out and will let you know,but please let me know if you find any more info.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge and FLR(M)

Post by Casa » Fri May 08, 2015 12:33 pm

Yes, your wife will have to pay the NHS surcharge before submitting her FLR(M) application.
See this thread re English test acceptance:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 82165.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.