ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa - change in employment during process

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Syed110
Newly Registered

Settlement visa - change in employment during process

Post by Syed110 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi

I have applied for my husband’s settlement visa early January and I am still awaiting a decision (as it is coming up to 12 weeks).

Hopefully, I am expecting a decision soon. In the meantime, I have been offered a new job which I hope to begin soon.

Due to the change in my circumstance, is this something I need to inform them of? Both my current and new roles are permanent, the difference is a salary increase

I was unable to find my answer on their .gov website

Prayers for all those awaiting a decision. The wait can seem long at times but I am sure worth it when we get the good news God-willing.
Thank you

Rayking

Re: Settlement visa - change in employment during process

Post by Rayking » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:37 pm

You'll need to inform them,just to cover your back,if your employer is contacted and they tell home office you don't work with them anymore, that can cause an issue. Moreover,you're advised to inform them of any change of circumstance.

Joynhope15
Newly Registered

Post by Joynhope15 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:57 pm

I also changed my employment just before I applied for my husbands settlement visa, I contacted them with the new details for the same reason Rayking gave! Glad I did as when I was contacted for a Spouse interview I was able to give details of both employers and a decision made and visa collected a week later!

Inform them and send evidence of new contract and offer letter if you have them.

Best of luck!!

Syed110
Newly Registered

Post by Syed110 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:20 am

Thank you Rayking and Joynhope15 – any idea which form to complete to inform them of this update?

Joynhope15
Newly Registered

Post by Joynhope15 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:50 am

Hi,
I sent an email with my ref number from the application, Then a copy of offer letter and contract with the same ref number on it as well, when sending email put read receipt on it and send letter/docs via registered post! That's what I did! Although I did not receive an email response, I knew it had been read and when they called me for my interview they had all the new docs!

Best wishes and let us know how you get on :)

Syed110
Newly Registered

Post by Syed110 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:07 pm

Hi,
After a very long wait I am pleased to say my husband got his visa. Thank you for the help. It has taken over 6 months :shock:

I have read a few people's experiences which have discouraged changing jobs in-between etc but I am glad ours has worked out. We applied on 5/1/15 in person and collected the passport on 9/7/15. The visa was stamped 7/7/15 (recently)

It has been an anxious ride at times and it doesn't help when information is slow or incorrect when requesting an update but this forum has been a big help. We applied first time and I did not use a solicitor. The application form is pretty straightforward and I would encourage people to try to do it themselves (if their case is simple) as it is so unfortunate to read cases where visa is refused due to an incompetent lawyer. Best wishes to all those awaiting. I pray each couple is reunited as soon as possible.