ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jobs for DW

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sturdyvel
Newly Registered

Jobs for DW

Post by sturdyvel » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:15 am

Hi guys,

I wanted to know if anyone in IT field working on Datawarehousing side has travelled to UK on HSMP and got job successfully. If so how long it took to get the job and is there much competition in UK in datawarehousing??

sturdyvel
Newly Registered

Post by sturdyvel » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:15 am

Hi Guys,

Is there nobody in IT Datawarehousing here???

Azlan

Post by Azlan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:57 pm

Hi,

Demand for data ware housing is good in UK. It also depends on the domain or sector of your experience. I mean Banking/Retail/Manufacturing etc.,

sturdyvel
Newly Registered

Post by sturdyvel » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:56 am

Hi Azlan,

Few more questions. Do the UK clients give more importance to the domain than the technical specialization? I good knowledge in BO, Informatica & Datastage. I have worked in Banking(Loan Management) and also in Manufacturing domain.

Azlan

Post by Azlan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:10 am

Yes, they do sometimes.

But it also depends on your over all experience. It is hard to say with out looking at your CV