ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incomplete application form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

badratio

Incomplete application form

Post by badratio » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:34 pm

Hi all,

I'm an EU national and I've had PR status for over 12 months. I applied for naturalisation couple of days ago but didn't fill section 1.3 on the application form.

1.3 Please say when you were given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK (not necessary if you are a Commonwealth citizen with right of abode in the United Kingdom). If you are an EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss
national you should read pages 9-10 of the Booklet AN.

I was sure I didn't need to fill it out as I believed it was irrelevant to me even after reading pages 9-10 of the Booklet. I was never required to apply for IRL as an EU national and the Booklet only mentions Permanent Residence without stating that it's equivalent of IRL for non-EU nationals so I left it blank. After having doubts about it after sending off my application I searched this forum and realised that I should have put the date when PR was issued. It's bad enough I didn't fill in 2.4 and 2.5 because I've done it applying for PR... now this!

My question is: Is it mandatory to specify the date when PR was issued for EU citizens even though they only ask of IRL issue date? It's written on my PR card - they can just take a look at it. I know I might be overthinking it but is it best I withdraw my application and reapply? Surely, it can't be a reason for refusal. (Purely because I haven't provided this information on the application form...)

Hopefully, this topic will clear things up for future EU applicants as well.

Thanks!
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015

Jaeger
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Incomplete application form

Post by Jaeger » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:52 am

I have skipped 1.3 and 2.4-2.6. No issues whatsoever. Got my approval after six weeks.

My application was submitted over a year after PR.