ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for a new born baby

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pankajmittal2004

Visa for a new born baby

Post by pankajmittal2004 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:48 pm

Hi All

I have one question to the board members here. We are here on HSMP visa and recently been blessed with a baby boy. The passport of our son is in process and willbe delivered in next few weeks but main problem is with visa, may be we will not get much time to sort out the visa. One of my friend told me that we can apply visa of children in India as well. I just need to confirm that if it is true. Can we get visa sort out while our stay in India???????/ Thanks very much for your reply
PM2009

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:53 pm

where r u ? if in UK u have to get visa for ur kid, if u r in India get it from BHC. Either case there should be no problem.

Also if u r in UK getting HSMP dependent visa should not take more than a week.

mna8

Post by mna8 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:03 am

HI,

You need to fill the FLR(O) form if you want to apply within UK.
mna

pankajmittal2004

Post by pankajmittal2004 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:50 pm

Thanks for the above reply. I am still in UK and planning to travel next week. There is not enough tme for visa now. I got the passport of my son and thought it will be ok to travel. Will it be a problem at Delhi airport if we land with our son who has got only passport but no visa. Please reply asap. Many thanks
PM2009

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:00 pm

when you said recently blessed. How long ago was that. because i know that no airline will take a baby that is less than 6 months of age on board. So you might want to check first if the baby is less than 6 months old.
cheers

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:32 pm

saayinla wrote:when you said recently blessed. How long ago was that. because i know that no airline will take a baby that is less than 6 months of age on board. So you might want to check first if the baby is less than 6 months old.
cheers
That isn't true - we flew with our son when he was under 6 months, and he was one of many babies. You can fly with a newborn, no trouble.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.