ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employment as Sole Trader

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Self Employment as Sole Trader

Post by scorpio_besal » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:48 pm

Hello Everyone,

I would appreciate if those who know about working as Sole Trader while you are employed.

Here is my situation.

In 2012-13 , I was working as sole trader and was employed full time for a company but in after 14 months , I stopped working as sole trader but continued to work full time as Employed.

In 2015 , I would like to start to work as Sole Trader while I am still working as employed, so here are few doubts that I have:

1) Should I register as a new sole trader or should I call HMRC and tell them that I have started to work as a sole trader.

2) This month I would like to start the sole trading but I not expecting the earning from self employment to be more than £5000 from 15 Mar 2015 to 06 April 2015,
However my earning from employment is more than 30K for the year, so can I apply for Small Earnings Exception for Class 2 National Insurance.

3) In 2012-13 I had business bank account while working as Sole Trader but this year I am planning to use my Personal Current Bank Account for sole trading, would that be OK.

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

HSK Accountancy Services

Re: Self Employment as Sole Trader

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:43 pm

1- Call HMRC and they will reinstate your UTR or issue you a new one.

2- Not a good idea to save NI. NI payments are good proof of self employment for HO.

3- Yes OK to use personal bank account.

I hope this helps.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:55 pm

HSK Accountancy Services wrote:2- Not a good idea to save NI. NI payments are good proof of self employment for HO.
Not necessary, HO accepts exception certificate as proof of self employed
Manka

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Thanks for the reply to both of you , HSK Accountancy Services and Manka10.

:-)
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.