ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student need urgent advice pls for appeal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tobakos1
Newly Registered

Student need urgent advice pls for appeal

Post by tobakos1 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:30 pm

Hi all,

This is the third time I am applying for PR as an EEA national and getting rejected. This time I applied on the basis of being a student and seeing that I had a registration certificate issued to me prior to June 2011 I did not need to have a comprehensive sickness insurance policy. However, I was not aware that I simply had to include a letter declaring that I would not be a burden to the UK as proof of self sufficiency, until after I had sent the application. When I contacted the HO about that, I was told that I could send the missing document once I have received a confirmation of receipt from the HO which would also include my reference. Unfortunately, I had received the letter but my guardian did not open it, seeing that he did not know it was from the Home Office, and I recently received a refusal letter stating that my application has been refused due to not providing evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance and not providing evidence by means of declaration that I would not be a burden. On top of that, the HO revoked my registration certificate.

I was wondering how would I go about appealing, seeing that I had already written the declaration, I just did not know where to send it. I have no idea how to go about it. Or can I just send a reconsideration letter.

I simply want to get my registration certificate back and I want them to consider my declaration, because that seems to be the only reason why my application got rejected.

Pls I really need your help.

Many thanks