ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependant - Counting Absences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

meratier1

ILR for dependant - Counting Absences

Post by meratier1 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:54 am

Hi,

Me an my dependant will be applying for ILR in late April 2015. My wife has been with me in UK since Sept 2010. She is a housewife.

Since that time, she's been on different holidays for around 220 days in total of 5 years. As she's been with me since Sept 2010 so I believe, for her the qualifying period would be from March 2013 to April 2015 so
1) Do I need to give any letter explaining her absences?
2) If yes then I think I'll need to consider only starting March 2013. For this time, her holidays would be around 100 so I think I don't have to worry anything here ?

Can anyone of you please confirm my understanding? Thanks in advance.

Regards
meratier1

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for dependant - Counting Absences

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:02 pm

1) Do I need to give any letter explaining her absences?
No, holidays are permitted.

Qualifying period can be from 2010. Why do you think it would not be?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

meratier1

Post by meratier1 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi Char,

Thanks for quick reply.

For first question, you have answered that I don't need to provide letter. that's because this 180 days rule doesn't apply to dependant right? It is applicable only to main applicant i think.

Qualifying period can be from 2010. Why do you think it would not be?

I think because my wife has been with me since 2010 so her qualifying period is only 2 years for ILR and those 2 years have to be the most recent ones for which I should provided the cohabitation proofs ?

Regards
meratier1

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:26 pm

2 years have to be the most recent ones for which I should provided the cohabitation proofs ?
Correct yes for cohabitation documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

meratier1

Post by meratier1 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:53 pm

Hi Guys,

I just want to make sure I've got it right that for Dependant ILR, counting absences is not an issue (even if it is more than 180 days) as long as dependant has been in the UK for applicable 2 or 5 years? Can anyone please confirm this.

Regards
meratier1

amit.katke
Newly Registered

Post by amit.katke » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:42 am

meratier1 wrote:Hi Guys,

I just want to make sure I've got it right that for Dependant ILR, counting absences is not an issue (even if it is more than 180 days) as long as dependant has been in the UK for applicable 2 or 5 years? Can anyone please confirm this.

Regards
meratier1

Hi meratier1,

did you get answer to your question. If yes, could please share?

thank you.

regards,
Amit