ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation with expired passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kirtay

Naturalisation with expired passport

Post by Kirtay » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:55 pm

Hi All,

I kept it until too late to apply for naturalisation for me, wife and my daughter. We have been granted ILR since Nov 2013 and eligible for Naturalisation. My question here is, can we all OR atleast my wife and daughter apply for Naturalisation if my(only mine) passport is expired last week?? We have been issued Bio-metric card for our ILR.

I believe, my daughter cannot apply for her naturalisation alone but she needs to apply with her parents. Can that be just my wife and my daughter?? Do they need to see my current passport status? Can't my residence card be enough to prove my ILR status?

Thanks in advance for your help and time.

Ubwa
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation with expired passport

Post by Ubwa » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:28 pm

I applied with my passport having expired in 2005. You will just have to ensure you have some proof you where in the country to cover the expired period. Was no issue at all.

Kirtay

Post by Kirtay » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:29 pm

Ubwa wrote:I applied with my passport having expired in 2005. You will just have to ensure you have some proof you where in the country to cover the expired period. Was no issue at all.
Really!!! that sound in my favour.

However, its only been 10 days and what shall I present as proof of being in country? Letter from company?

THanks again.

Kirtay

Post by Kirtay » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi Gurus,

One small help needed to cover my absent between expired passport till date. It has been 2 weeks only though.

Do you think this below letter from company should work:
To
Case Officer
Department 1
UKVI
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing to confirm that Mr "My FullName" whose current Passport (Passport Number: ABC123) has expired on 10th March, 2015 is still within the country and working with us.

If you need any more information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours faithfully,