ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO for ILR: Waiting for security clearence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sny_walia
Newly Registered

PEO for ILR: Waiting for security clearence

Post by sny_walia » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:08 pm

Hi Team,

We (my self and my wife) were booked for ILR PEO (5 years stay in Tier 1 General + Tier 2 ICT visas) at Croydon. Every thing was on smooth but within one and half hour case worker hand over me a letter stating that no decision can be taken as he is waiting for security checks. On enquiring about the reason, I am told me file wise he is happy but security clearance is pending. He also gave a letter stating that my application is valid but they are waiting for security clearance.
I read it as they perceive my application to be valid, however are unable to complete checks with various government departments possibly because of some IT issues. Please suggest if there can be any reason for worry.
Please also advice what is done for security clearance and how long I may have to wait for a decision.

Thanks for the help. This forum has been very helpful till date.

cfdman

Re: PEO for ILR: Waiting for security clearence

Post by cfdman » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:25 am

Such IT glitches are not rare and heppened numerous times before.

You have absolutely no reason to worry, if you had any problems in the past which was not disclosed in your application.
Relax.

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:06 pm

This exactly happened to me when i applied for my Tier 1 G visa in 2010. I got my approved application next day at Croydon.

sny_walia
Newly Registered

Post by sny_walia » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:50 pm

Thanks for the responses. I am still waiting for my case worker to call back. :(