ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with the EEA Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tastylentils

Help with the EEA Family Permit

Post by tastylentils » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:17 pm

Hi folks,

Is there a downloadable version of the online application form anywhere? I've seen the vaf5.pdf dated 2013 and I'm unsure if that's the same or different. I really want to prepare myself for filling out the form.

Also does the online forms have such questions as how much savings, stocks and shares and other financial questions, and do I have to answer them? I've some posts of people ignoring such questions but the posts are a year or told and I'm really unsure if I'm finding the most relevent information. In the surinder singh guide for newbies it mentions that some questions are not relevent but frustratingly gives no examples. I wondering if need to seek some professional legal advice before i go ahead and fill out

thanks

sluvsj
Newly Registered

Re: Help with the EEA Family Permit

Post by sluvsj » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:12 pm

Hello! I'm also nervous about filling out the application and I would also like to know if any financial information is needed. Did you ever find a downloadable form? I might make a dummy account to browse the application beforehand but I'm not sure if that is a good idea. Thank you and I wish you luck.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:38 pm

tastylentils wrote:Hi folks,

Is there a downloadable version of the online application form anywhere? I've seen the vaf5.pdf dated 2013 and I'm unsure if that's the same or different. I really want to prepare myself for filling out the form. NO-YOU MUST FILL IT IN ONLINE. YOU CAN (AS I DID) REGISTER A FAKE ACCOUNT AND GO THROUGH THE QUESTIONS ONLINE AND THEN JUST DON'T SUBMIT. YOU APPLY HERE: https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa

Also does the online forms have such questions as how much savings, stocks and shares and other financial questions, and do I have to answer them? I've some posts of people ignoring such questions but the posts are a year or told and I'm really unsure if I'm finding the most relevent information. In the surinder singh guide for newbies it mentions that some questions are not relevent but frustratingly gives no examples. I wondering if need to seek some professional legal advice before i go ahead and fill out. YES-THERE ARE QUESTIONS ABOUT FINANCES. I CAN'T REMEMBER HOW DETAILED THEY WERE BUT MY PARTNER (WHOM I WAS SPONSORING) DIDN'T FILL IN ANY OF THESE. IF YOU CHECK THE FORM AND THEN ASK DIRECT QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT ON HERE I'M SURE SOMEONE WILL ANSWER.

FYI: I'M IRISH AND MY PARTNER APPLIED FOR AN EEA FP LAST JUNE. WE, OBVIOUSLY, WERE NOT DOING SS.

thanks

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:38 pm

sluvsj wrote:Hello! I'm also nervous about filling out the application and I would also like to know if any financial information is needed. Did you ever find a downloadable form? I might make a dummy account to browse the application beforehand but I'm not sure if that is a good idea. Thank you and I wish you luck.
JUST USE F A K E EMAIL ADDRESSES ETC. WE DID THIS.

sluvsj
Newly Registered

Post by sluvsj » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:49 pm

chaoclive wrote:
sluvsj wrote:Hello! I'm also nervous about filling out the application and I would also like to know if any financial information is needed. Did you ever find a downloadable form? I might make a dummy account to browse the application beforehand but I'm not sure if that is a good idea. Thank you and I wish you luck.
JUST USE bad quality EMAIL ADDRESSES ETC. WE DID THIS.
Okay. I'll do that thank you!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:15 am

What is the citizenship of the EU citizen? Are you living with them?

Normally no financial information needs to be provided when applying for an EEA Family Permit

sluvsj
Newly Registered

Post by sluvsj » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:48 am

In my situation I am a US citizen and my husband is an Italian citizen. We currently live together in the US.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:11 am

sluvsj wrote:In my situation I am a US citizen and my husband is an Italian citizen. We currently live together in the US.
Just apply! The Italian citizen does not have to be in work in the UK for your application to be successful. Your husband has an automatic right of residence for 3 months, after which he should exercise treaty rights by working/being self-employed/being a student with the relevant comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI) or self-sufficient with the correct CSI.

You case sounds straightforward.

sluvsj
Newly Registered

Post by sluvsj » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:52 am

chaoclive wrote:
sluvsj wrote:In my situation I am a US citizen and my husband is an Italian citizen. We currently live together in the US.
Just apply! The Italian citizen does not have to be in work in the UK for your application to be successful. Your husband has an automatic right of residence for 3 months, after which he should exercise treaty rights by working/being self-employed/being a student with the relevant comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI) or self-sufficient with the correct CSI.

You case sounds straightforward.
You just took a load of stress off of me :D Thank you so much. I hope this also answers tastylentil's question.