ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 worry - for my sister (complicated case)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pneeds
Newly Registered

MN1 worry - for my sister (complicated case)

Post by pneeds » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:35 am

My little sister has applied (via solicitor) for British Citizenship. The solicitor filled two forms, MN1 and another smaller form. I'm a natural worrier as you can see from my previous case but here is her stats:

She is 12, She was born here to parents who were here illegally. She's never left the country.

- Her father was deported when she was 1.

- I gained legal custody of her when she was two (I was 18 with ILR from I was younger). She has lived with me ever since. I have a British daughter.

- Her/our mother has been here since 1999 and she was born 2002. Her mother was given three years extension three years ago and will renew this year.

- Our grandmother is British by naturalisation and was British at the time of my sister's birth.

- Her good character letters from school states that I am in charge of everything.

- I'll be applying for citizenship via NCS

How do you think it looks for my sister?

vinny

Re: MN1 worry - for my sister (complicated case)

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:34 am

Form T is more appropriate, as registration under Section 1(4) is an entitlement.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.