ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on English knowledge proof

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rg1
Member of Standing

Question on English knowledge proof

Post by rg1 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:09 pm

I am going to apply for HSMP soon.

I shall claim points for Master's degree. So, will included original certificate of the same.

However, for English language requirement, I need to show that Bachelor's degree was taught in English.

Now, I'll get a letter from university but do I need to send my original Bachelor's degree certificate as well?

Thanks

gordon

Post by gordon » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:18 pm

Yes, you will need to submit the bachelor's degree certificate, along with the letter on medium of instruction of that bachelor's degree, to demonstrate English proficiency. So in your case, you'll end up sending the master's and bachelor's degree certificates, as evidence for different requirements in the application. AG

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:06 pm

Do they accept Official Transcripts of Bachelor's degree? (For English requirement)

No problem in sending the original - but if it is lost somehow, I'll lose both degree certificates! :shock:

gordon

Post by gordon » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:19 pm

rg1 wrote:Do they accept Official Transcripts of Bachelor's degree? (For English requirement)

No problem in sending the original - but if it is lost somehow, I'll lose both degree certificates! :shock:
They do accept transcripts, but only in exceptional circumstances. You would have to weigh the risk of their finding your excuse insufficiently compelling to consider exceptional rather than required evidence. You have the required documents, so you might as well use them; it is not as though they are irreplaceable, in the unlikely event of their being lost. I'd wager that the risk of their being lost is smaller than the risk of your application's being refused if you submitted without the degree certificate(s). AG

raghuraman
Newly Registered

Post by raghuraman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:21 pm

You need to submit the original UG and PG Degree certificates.

If you are worried about loosing in tranist-

Please check with your university what the process is incase you loose the original degree certificate.

Just for your safety have a notarised copy and incase the original is lost in transit you can use that for getting a duplicate

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:56 pm

I should qualify without extra 5 points for Master's degree.

So, I'll claim only Bachelor's point then - there's been incidents in this forum when HO did actually lost certificates! :evil: