ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

mn1 child born in uk and living abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imram
Newly Registered

mn1 child born in uk and living abroad

Post by imram » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:52 pm

i want to register my son as a british citizen on form mn1 as he was born in uk and i got MY ILR and british citizenship after his birth. he lived in uk for four months only and since than he is living with his mom in pakistan.
could u plz advise me can i apply his registration in uk or it should be in the pakistan and the ukba announced the change in citizenship application made outside the uk after 16th july 2012.

documents needed
1-naturalization certificate of father
2- childs uk birth certificate
3-child passport copy (attested by notary public) because we cant send passport by post to other country.
4-marrige cetificate

i cannot send my british passport because i have to come back to uk in month time
is that ok or i can send copy of british passport. attested in pakistan
and the referees from pakistan would be ok or not.

i will appreciate your help

thanks

harshil223
United Kingdom

Re: mn1 child born in uk and living abroad

Post by harshil223 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:13 am

imram wrote:i want to register my son as a british citizen on form mn1 as he was born in uk and i got MY ILR and british citizenship after his birth. he lived in uk for four months only and since than he is living with his mom in pakistan.
could u plz advise me can i apply his registration in uk or it should be in the pakistan and the ukba announced the change in citizenship application made outside the uk after 16th july 2012.

documents needed
3-child passport copy (attested by notary public) because we cant send passport by post to other country.
4-marrige cetificate

i cannot send my british passport because i have to come back to uk in month time

thanks
hi imram

i have recently done similar process from India, however the only difference was I applied for child's british nationality while he was still in UK via MN1 form and then he travelled to India. I got the british citizenship certificate meanwhile and then I recently started process of getting british passport by applying from India.

i think you need many documents apart from the ones you mentioned.
better to have a look at http://ukinhongkong.fco.gov.uk/en/help- ... y/pakistan.

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: mn1 child born in uk and living abroad

Post by noble72uk » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:11 am

imram wrote:i want to register my son as a british citizen on form mn1 as he was born in uk and i got MY ILR and british citizenship after his birth. he lived in uk for four months only and since than he is living with his mom in pakistan.

documents needed
4-marrige cetificate

thanks
Hi

Read ( Children)

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95747

imram
Newly Registered

Post by imram » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:04 pm

could any body explain in detail

thanks

imram
Newly Registered

Post by imram » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:03 am

could anyone from seniors on this forum help plz.

maddyinlon

Child born in UK - father got ILR - Child and Mother abroad

Post by maddyinlon » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:30 pm

HI Imram,
Were you able to register your child as British with in UK? or from abroad? Your experience on this would help my situation.

Both Child and Mother are living abroad now, my question is Can I apply register my child as British citizen using MN1 from UK?

I understand that child born in UK is entitled to do so if one parent got ILR.

I have slight concern since child mother is abroad as well. Won't they ask anything about child's mother immigration status? or Passport ?

Thank you.

akramroy
Newly Registered

Re: Child born in UK - father got ILR - Child and Mother abr

Post by akramroy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:03 pm

maddyinlon wrote:HI Imram,
Were you able to register your child as British with in UK? or from abroad? Your experience on this would help my situation.

Both Child and Mother are living abroad now, my question is Can I apply register my child as British citizen using MN1 from UK?

I understand that child born in UK is entitled to do so if one parent got ILR.

I have slight concern since child mother is abroad as well. Won't they ask anything about child's mother immigration status? or Passport ?

Thank you.
Have you got answer?
Please let me know. I want to apply MN1 for my kids born here but now aboard.
I got ILR but my MRS. is still my dependent. Can anyone please explain? Thanks

REQUEST1

Re: mn1 child born in uk and stayed 10 months abroad

Post by REQUEST1 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:50 pm

DEAR members,
Iam applying MN1 for my uk born child as both parents got ILR recently.MY son stayed in INDIA for nearly 10 months in india when he is under tier 2 dependent.For uk born children under 18, is there any travel limit or any restrictions that no more than 270 days out of country or does that apply only for the children born abroad.. please share your views and experiences

many thanks,
RJ