ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CCJ that no longer shows up

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pneeds
Newly Registered

CCJ that no longer shows up

Post by pneeds » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:29 am

Hello all. I want to apply for my naturalisation and was suppose to apply earlier this month but this one thing is holdig me back.

I had a CCJ about 7 years ago. It no longer shows on my file. Do I have to declare it on the AN form?

It ask if I have any ccj but I don't...I HAD one.

I asked a similar question here but felt I didn't get a concrete answer.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: CCJ that no longer shows up

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:58 pm

Yes, you do. Provide proof it was satisfied and there shouldn't be an issue.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

pneeds
Newly Registered

Post by pneeds » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:51 pm

I don't have any proof it was 'satisfied'. It was taken off my credit report after 6 years I found out about it close to the 6 years after checking my credit file on experian.

This is due to me moving address and got a ticket that was sent to old address. I had no knowledge of this.

If this is not shown on my credit file...There is no longer any record of this...I don't have a ccj (as per the question)..then why declare it? Genuine question? I thought legally you don't have to declare a ccj that no longer shows on your file.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:11 pm

Although a CCJ only stays on the register for 6 years. It's removal doesn't mean it was never issued.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.