ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Refusals off topic

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

icehouse256
United Kingdom

FLR(FP) Refusals off topic

Post by icehouse256 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:33 pm

Casa wrote:I have a friend who is running a survey on people not meeting the 18,600 requirement (without kids) and their spouse has been granted under the new 10 year route. He knows of applicants who are being refused so wants to see if this route is purely set up to refuse applicants stating they can live abroad etc. He's trying to find if people not meeting the 18,600 requirement (without kids) and their spouse has been granted leave under the new 10 year route.
Mainly these refusals appear to be where the settled spouse is originally from the same country as the applicant. Therefore they state you can live abroad etc.
This is great survey your friend is running, i am in a similar situation partly. My wife earns above the 18600 threshold, but we do not have any children yet, i have overstayed that is why i couldn't apply under the FLR(M). My wife's parents are from my home country, but my wife has got a British passport, though we are still awaiting the Positive outcome of the application from the home office even though its now over 13 weeks since application was sent.

I think in a situation whereby the applicant and their sponsor doesn't meet the financial threshold and they don't have kids, the HO expects that they state any insurmountable circumstance/s why it would be dangerous to send them back home. One question though:::: What were the circumstances of the cases where the applicant was granted on the 10 yr route even though they don't have kids or earn the necessary amount ?
'' The Lord is My Light and My Salvation ''

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: FLR(FP) Refusals

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:44 pm

£18,600 is far too low, I've always said that, its not a realistic figure to import a foreign bride and/or kids and to do the normal things a new intra-cultural/international family requires, especially with visa costs, flights, trips home afterwards. My 20 yo daughter earns more than that and lives alone and finds it hard to survive without my help.

We spend at least 3k a year for my better half to just visit home. That's a lot on top of still ongoing visas etc...

So, for me it's got to be raised to about 30k, if not family life will suffer as will the burden on the State, and if you can't afford it it's sorry, do two, three, four jobs until you can and don't bleat about Human Rights etc, do the needful....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:16 pm

Wanderer wrote:£18,600 is far too low, I've always said that, its not a realistic figure to import a foreign bride and/or kids and to do the normal things a new intra-cultural/international family requires, especially with visa costs, flights, trips home afterwards. My 20 yo daughter earns more than that and lives alone and finds it hard to survive without my help.

We spend at least 3k a year for my better half to just visit home. That's a lot on top of still ongoing visas etc...

So, for me it's got to be raised to about 30k, if not family life will suffer as will the burden on the State, and if you can't afford it it's sorry, do two, three, four jobs until you can and don't bleat about Human Rights etc, do the needful....
Thankfully you are not a policy maker, and hopefully you will never be.

40K is not enough for certain family.

It all depends on a lifestyle that people chooses to live.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:05 pm

Obie wrote:
Wanderer wrote:£18,600 is far too low, I've always said that, its not a realistic figure to import a foreign bride and/or kids and to do the normal things a new intra-cultural/international family requires, especially with visa costs, flights, trips home afterwards. My 20 yo daughter earns more than that and lives alone and finds it hard to survive without my help.

Thankfully you are not a policy maker, and hopefully you will never be.

40K is not enough for certain family.

It all depends on a lifestyle that people chooses to live.
@casa: I am sorry, i don't mean it that way, i am a strong believer in that word, thats why i posted it, not to annoy you...i am so sorry once again.
Last edited by icehouse256 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:11 pm

Please can you help me out here and stick to the topic?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:29 am

Casa wrote:Please can you help me out here and stick to the topic?
@Casa: What were the circumstances of the cases where the applicant was granted on the 10 yr route even though they don't have kids or earn the necessary amount ? Based on the survey your friend is running ?

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:38 am

This guy is dreadful!!!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:58 am

icehouse256 wrote:
Casa wrote:Please can you help me out here and stick to the topic?
@Casa: What were the circumstances of the cases where the applicant was granted on the 10 yr route even though they don't have kids or earn the necessary amount ? Based on the survey your friend is running ?
The survey is running because there doesn't yet appear to be evidence of success with those without children. We're hoping some may come forward on the forum.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:31 pm

Rayking wrote:

This guy is dreadful!!!
Just my opinion, which I am entitled to. Why insult me? I've had warnings here for less lol!...

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:33 am

Now now, please play nicely.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:57 am

Wanderer wrote:
Rayking wrote:

This guy is dreadful!!!
Just my opinion, which I am entitled to. Why insult me? I've had warnings here for less lol!...
I simply told you what people ain't telling you on here,you constantly break the rules! The rules say you shouldn't be irritating with your post but you've always been.it seems because you're a senior member your actions are being overlooked! You belittle others and act as if you hate it when people find a means of getting their case resolved. You also come up with this self aggrandisement that I find difficult to understand. If you're entitled to offensive opinion,I think we members too deserve to respond to you.
I'm calling on senior members to deal with ppl equally, this man keeps breaking rules and get saucy about it.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:03 am

Rayking wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Rayking wrote:
I simply told you what people ain't telling you on here,you constantly break the rules! The rules say you shouldn't be irritating with your post but you've always been.it seems because you're a senior member your actions are being overlooked! You belittle others and act as if you hate it when people find a means of getting their case resolved. You also come up with this self aggrandisement that I find difficult to understand. If you're entitled to offensive opinion,I think we members too deserve to respond to you.
I'm calling on senior members to deal with ppl equally, this man keeps breaking rules and get saucy about it.
Well not really because I get a lot of warnings believe me WRT other issues...

Tell me where I break the rules by merely expressing an opinion? Surely I am entitled to that? If I'm just being irritating that an issue you have with me and perhaps others?

Sorry if I misunderstood what you are saying but I find your standard of English somewhat subpar. Sorry and all that.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:34 am

I'm not surprised by your response,it's a perfect description of your rudeness! Ppl know you are irritatiing and ONLY you of all the senior members tbh.
Why you are being indulged to continue is really what I don't know. It doesn't matter what you really think about my English, as long as I can give little help,just like I got when I needed it then I should be fine.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:07 am

Wanderer is just a regular member, he's not 'Respected Guru' unlike senior members.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:09 am

Can we please get back to the topic or this thread is pointless and I may as well give up and close it now.
(Casa, not CR001)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(FP) Refusals off topic

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:11 am

I've split the topic hon, sorry about that.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:47 am

Thanks Amber.
(Casa, not CR001)

Bravo04
Newly Registered

Post by Bravo04 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:16 am

Hi
can anyone help me please? I recently got refusal on FLR(FP) application so I m just wondering if anyone got same case like me. its a bit complicated but I m sure someone will help me.
My case background is I came to this country in feb 2012.i was on student visa that time but later on in march 2013 I got married with British girl and I applied for spouse visa..I got refusal on spouse visa and reason was cox I didn't provide them enough documents anyway I went to tribunal and I won appeal..I was issued visa on FLRO application which was going to expire on 22 feb 2015..
But before my visa ending time I got divorce from my wife and I started living with another girl and she is British aswel and we got babe in may 2014.
so after my babe I went to solicitor to get him advice for my visa renewal and he told me that we can apply on FLR(FP) form family life as a parent..I sent my application on 22 December as solicitor told me that I can send my application early than expiry date as this will be consider as a fresh application..
after I sending my application I got refusal on 17 feb 2015.they gave many reasons..
1) that I don't have parental responsibilities for my child as we living all together.
2) My application fall for eligibility requirements of immigration rules as set out earlier.
3) I m not in valid marriage but I applied as a parent of my child.
4) I have no lived with my partner for 2 years.
and they also said that I have still leave to remain in U.K and my current conditions apply until 22 feb 2015.
I have sent my application again on 21 feb 2015 so my question is will is there any chance that I will be successful this time?
Thanks in advance