ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on Irish citizen and Peruvian girlfriend

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kevin76
Newly Registered

Advice on Irish citizen and Peruvian girlfriend

Post by kevin76 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:34 am

Hi folks,

I'm new to this board. I'd be delighted if someone could help me with some advice. I have a Peruvian girlfriend. We've been together 2 years. I hope to go to Ireland to do a post-grad in September 2014. She lives in Peru and I have been living in south Korea and continue to do so until August of this year. I will have lived in South Korea for a total of 1 year. She has visited me here also. I hope to visit Peru in August and meet her folks etc. Then I plan to work somewhere else for 6 months to save enough money to move to Peru for another 6 months on which i hope that the 2 of us can go to Ireland.

My question is, what visa should I apply for? I know i could go the marriage route (a definite possibility) or the fiance route. I'm not sure. We'll be living with my parents as i will only be staying in Ireland for 1 year while i finish my masters. Also I am Irish- forgot to mention that.
Is it more worthwhile getting married in Peru first and have her accompany me as a spouse or as a fiance OR go home first and invite her to Ireland? I really have no idea what to do. In fact, I am a little peeved that I have to go through this sh**e in the first place. By rights I should be able to do as i please seeing I am Irish..But that is another matter entirely. My gf is a professional, same age as me so I hope these factors would be considered.

Anyone with experience of this?

Regards,

xinchao.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Firstly there are so many ways she can come to Ireland but let me advice you on the easy ways shall I?

1. Inviting her to Ireland is the least likely to be successful. Despite all your efforts and application status, she may be denied entry as they fear she will not return to her country after the visit. Most non-EUs are been denied on that basis. It is also not good for her when unsuccessful and she will get a stamp at the back of her passport in regards to her unsuccessful application.

2. You could invite her based on de facto relationship(google that). Again that will give you more hassle and less promising that No.3

3. The best way for her is if you get married in peru, and I mean court marriage or marriage that will be recognised in Ireland. You can then go to the embassy with her, your marriage cert, evidence of relationship etc after you apply a join spousal visa on her behalf.

You should also know that marriage is taken very seriously. Your call
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:12 pm

In addition, it is easier to get married somewhere other than Ireland. Three months notice is required here, and if she comes to Ireland without being married, she will most likely only get a three month visa. So it is difficult here. So if you want to get married, get married abroad. As stated earlier, make sure the marriage is legal.

Marriage confers inheritance and other rights, so it is indeed a serious matter.
BL

kevin76
Newly Registered

Post by kevin76 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:38 am

Hi folks,

Thanks for the informed advice. It seems that I am in a bit of a pickle that way. Both of us don't want to get married at all. We feel it's a waste of money! haha. If we did get married i think it would be nice if my parents were present (they are older and could not travel to Peru).

I understand the legal aspects to getting married but it seems a shame she cannot come to Ireland for a year and live with my family before we permanently leave Ireland. However, c'est la vie. Just have to bite the bullet and think hard about what we want to do.

It does seem that this is probably our only viable option that will facilitate her to being able to go to Ireland while I can eventually finish off that Masters degree...

Another question, if we are married does financial aspects come into play when returning? I mean would they want to see my bank balance and hers to demonstrate we can both live in Ireland? Is there a minimum financial requirement involved?

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:09 pm

Or if you want to give yourselves time about marriage and she is willing to study, the other way is for her to apply for a course in Ireland and come as a student. She would have to show that she genuinely wants to attend a course and get accepted for it, but then she could come as a student and be allowed to work up to 20 hours a week during her studies. After a year and if you are staying at your parents together, you will probably have a good enough case for a de facto relationship residence card, or you can get married and make everything simple if you are ready :-)

If money is a concern though, it will certainly cost more than getting married now which would make it easier in terms of paperwork, give her the right to work full time, and not force her to pay tuition fees.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:35 pm

kevin76 wrote:Hi folks,

Thanks for the informed advice. It seems that I am in a bit of a pickle that way. Both of us don't want to get married at all. We feel it's a waste of money! haha. If we did get married i think it would be nice if my parents were present (they are older and could not travel to Peru).

I understand the legal aspects to getting married but it seems a shame she cannot come to Ireland for a year and live with my family before we permanently leave Ireland. However, c'est la vie. Just have to bite the bullet and think hard about what we want to do.

It does seem that this is probably our only viable option that will facilitate her to being able to go to Ireland while I can eventually finish off that Masters degree...

Another question, if we are married does financial aspects come into play when returning? I mean would they want to see my bank balance and hers to demonstrate we can both live in Ireland? Is there a minimum financial requirement involved?
If you really really want her to come, I suppose you try your luck with de facto relationship since both of you dont wanna get married.

In response to your question; Yes financial aspects comes into play not just in Marriage but anything to do with Visa application by Non-EU nationals!.

They will of-course ask for your bank statements and all to know that she is not gonna be a burden to the state after her arrival. But again if you could beg them at the embassy dearly that you will miss your "Wife" and that you love her so much and want to be with her as soon as possible, they may waive that requirement of both of you having enough money on your bank accounts and give her a visa!

If you're not married to her, forget it!.

Thats why marriage is the only way she could come and stay here in Ireland for a year that easily. At-least you know now that its extremely difficult for non-EUs to come here.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

SEAIMPIN_NA_NDAOINE
Newly Registered

Post by SEAIMPIN_NA_NDAOINE » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:09 pm

Hey Kevin

Im an Irishman and Im living in Lima and due to get married in june, its way easier to get married here, you just need to go to the irish consulate in Lima the chaps name is Michael you need him to get you a "certificado de soltería" it costs €60 he then has to "apostillar" (stamp it) along with your birthcert you then get that officially translated in spanish that costs about 100 soles, then you get a medical cert another 50 soles get copies of your passport pay the municipality fee (200 soles) for the official ceremony and paper work and then you can apply and obtain a "carnet de extranjeria" which allows you to work legally in peru, there is tonnes of work here and the economy is booming here unlike ireland. We wanted to travel to ireland for a few months to visit my family after we got married because like you my folks are getting old but now it looks hard to get even a tourist visa for my future wife because you need thousands in the bank and a steady job that ties you to peru or you have big money back home. you must be able to prove that you can support your wife when she comes to ireland so i dont know if you would be able to get her in if your a student.

like if you are in anyway supported by the state they wont let your wife in thats what the consul said to me.

my advice would be to come here and get married then register your marriage in ireland because the longer you are married the easier it is for her to get a visa

P.m me if you like

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:12 pm

Hello Champion,

It is easy for your wife to travel to Northern Ireland /the UK (you just need to get a job there and then you are an EU migrant worker exercising migrant worker rights, including the right to have your spouse join you.)
BL

davenjoy

Re: finacial requirements for Ireland spouse visa

Post by davenjoy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:13 am

Hello everyone!

I'm Filipina married to an Irish. I met my husband to an online dating site last December 2010 after 6 months exchanging messages he decided to visit me here in Philippines. We had met face to face 7 times before we decided to get married last October 2014.

My husband lived in Bulgaria for 4 years with his 2 kids and his ex-wife before his divorce, he established himself there by having his own real estate company but after his divorce, his ex-wife and 2 kids went back to Cork Ireland and my husband went back to London to his mother.That time my husband was still fighting to get regular visiting access with his two young kids , after the court granted him a regular access he decided to move to Cork Ireland last 2013.

After the wedding last year, we been talking now to live and start life in Ireland. I emailed the Irish consulate here in The Philippines about the procedures on how to apply a spouse visa and the consulate gave link where to apply it. In preparation for my coming over, my husband bought his 3 bed 2 storey detached house in cash worth €145k last year, only this year he started investing to properties in Cork Ireland.He has no job there but he has sufficient money his bank account.

Our next plan is to sort out the business in Cork this year so he can start earning income.Our only worry is his financial status asking by the Irish authority. My husband is starting to build his business again by investing to properties in Cork. He got 400k cash in his bank account to be spend all for the property investment.Our first question is, if he can make €50k per annum, €4k gross per month and € 2,500 net month per month, is that enough evidence that he can meet the minimum level of earnings required?
Our other worry is my husband will spend all €400k for investments just to have a net of 2,500 per month for he has no money left in his bank account. Is it possible to just show the investment properties worth 400k having a monthly income of 2,500 net without showing big amount in his savings account and no mortgages to pay? How much money in savings account will my husband to show to the authorities?

I will really appreciate if someone will reply.
Thank you.God Bless.