ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

September 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

london_2014

Re: September 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by london_2014 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:14 pm

I called them to find out the status...nothing new...i am thinking of writing a compliant letter about the customer service...as this guy just told me yours just passed 6 months..implying that this is normal and there are far worse cases...i am now trying to think what is in my application that is resulting in soooooooooooooo much further checks.....pure shambolic operation by UKVI

Gladwing
Newly Registered

Post by Gladwing » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:41 pm

Hi, can someone pls share the address to write a formal letter about delays with my naturalisation application as it has passed more than 6 months? Any standard format that I can use ? Also, an someone share their experience of sending a letter and how soon they are able to respond back and if it is effective at all?
Thanks

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:34 am

Gladwing wrote:Hi, can someone pls share the address to write a formal letter about delays with my naturalisation application as it has passed more than 6 months? Any standard format that I can use ? Also, an someone share their experience of sending a letter and how soon they are able to respond back and if it is effective at all?
Thanks
Write to the address on the acknowledgement letter if you are writing to caseworker.
For Compliant follow this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

You can also involve your MP.

They have 20 working days to reply to your letter.

aumar

Post by aumar » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:06 pm

Dear friends,

I have today received email from my MP that UKVI called him this morning to confirm that my naturalisation application has been approved today. Believe me I am over the moon.

I applied start of September and upon 6 months, I emailed my MP who was very quick to reply me the same day that he has raised the enquiry and will update me as and when he has any news. It took me 9 days from informing my MP and getting the email today. My advice to you all who have been waiting for long time is to engage your MPs. This really works as it has been in my case.

MP also informed me that I should receive approval letter within next week or so. Does anyone have any idea how long will it take to receive approval?

I have travel plans and what would happen if I cannot ceremony before I leave. I am back in a month time anyway but is there any time limit to attend ceremony?

Thanks guys for your support throughout and I will update once I receive approval, hopefully soon!

Have a good weekend and stay positive and engage your MPs if you can.

Gladwing
Newly Registered

Post by Gladwing » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:01 pm

Thank you london_2014

Aumar, congratulations!! Happy for you. May I ask you how did you contact your MP? Is it via email only or through formal letter or both?

aumar

Post by aumar » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:05 pm

Gladwing, thanks!

I emailed my MP but attached a formal type letter as pdf. I think if you make up a letter with all the reference no etc it's better. Make it precise. I hope you get yours sooner. Stay positive! It's on it's way soon!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:16 pm

aumar wrote:I have travel plans and what would happen if I cannot ceremony before I leave. I am back in a month time anyway but is there any time limit to attend ceremony?
There is a time limit: I believe It's 21 days to book the ceremony and 3 months to attend it from the date on the HO letter.

bestofall
Newly Registered

Post by bestofall » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:21 pm

aumar wrote:Dear friends,

I have today received email from my MP that UKVI called him this morning to confirm that my naturalisation application has been approved today ...
Many congratulations.

For those September applicants still waiting, keep your chin up, it will come.

aumar

Post by aumar » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:07 pm

bestofall wrote:
aumar wrote:Dear friends,

I have today received email from my MP that UKVI called him this morning to confirm that my naturalisation application has been approved today ...
Many congratulations.

For those September applicants still waiting, keep your chin up, it will come.
Many thanks, best of wishes everyone. Keep faith and patience, it might be late but it will come for sure.

weeman1978

Post by weeman1978 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:13 pm

Good day mates,

I just recieved email from the HO that a decession has been made in our application (me and my wife). They just asked as to wait for the letter. Our 6months has ended last last week 11/03/15 as we submit it last september 11,2014 (home office recieved it on the 18/09/14..i havent recieved the 3 to6 month letter of extention HO never call us or send a letter asking for additional INFO.. So i just have to wait and fingers cross..:)

Gladwing
Newly Registered

Post by Gladwing » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:56 pm

Congratulations!

May I ask you how did you receive an email from HO? Did you email them asking for status for which thy replied? Or did you go through your local MP or something like that? Coz I have never heard of HO emailing the applicants directly!

weeman1978

Post by weeman1978 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:14 pm

Gladwing wrote:Congratulations!

May I ask you how did you receive an email from HO? Did you email them asking for status for which thy replied? Or did you go through your local MP or something like that? Coz I have never heard of HO emailing the applicants directly!

They never said if its APPROVED OR NOT as they said connot say the details in the email.. I never ask help from MP. I only email them once last march 11 exactly 6 months after we submit the application i only call them once last december for update , its a JOINT application with my wife so i did expect it to be little late. I just hope it will be approved as they never call or send letter to us asking for more INFO or Clarification..

Gladwing
Newly Registered

Post by Gladwing » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:38 pm

Thank you wee man! Wish you all the best for yor letter and I have a feeling it will be a good news to you.
Can you pls let me know the email id of home office so I can mail them and check on my status of application as well. Thanks!

weeman1978

Post by weeman1978 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:23 pm

Gladwing wrote:Thank you wee man! Wish you all the best for yor letter and I have a feeling it will be a good news to you.
Can you pls let me know the email id of home office so I can mail them and check on my status of application as well. Thanks!
Its this email my friend :

FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Im also hoping for the best result as they never call us or write to ask for more INFO or clarification .. But its ok now as they are concentrating for the backlog..

amjadboby

Post by amjadboby » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi will also receive letter next week

amjadboby

Post by amjadboby » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:46 pm

Applied 11 September 14

amjadboby

Post by amjadboby » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:47 pm

I phoned HO on Friday, guy told me

weeman1978

Post by weeman1978 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:56 pm

amjadboby wrote:Applied 11 September 14
Good luck ton US mate.. We apply also last september 11, 2014 i just recieved an email from them HO as a response from my inquiry .. Decission has been made they say..

Gladwing
Newly Registered

Post by Gladwing » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:17 pm

Great news Amjadboy! All the best! I remember you had declared traffic PCN or something like that ? I that is correct then it gives me some hope because I had declared my PCN too!
May I also ask you had contacted home office through email or letter or pushed through Mp? Any info will help. Thanks!

amjadboby

Post by amjadboby » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:33 pm

@weeman
Yes mate hopefully will get the letter also same day

amjadboby

Post by amjadboby » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:38 pm

Gladwing wrote:Great news Amjadboy! All the best! I remember you had declared traffic PCN or something like that ? I that is correct then it gives me some hope because I had declared my PCN too!
May I also ask you had contacted home office through email or letter or pushed through Mp? Any info will help. Thanks!
Yes I mentioned on page 15
I did not involved any body I just phoned them to ask the status i also have 6 month gap between my passports i gave them three months cover I think, yeah I provided p60s

Cadix1976
Newly Registered

Post by Cadix1976 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:44 pm

amjadboby wrote:
Gladwing wrote:Great news Amjadboy! All the best! I remember you had declared traffic PCN or something like that ? I that is correct then it gives me some hope because I had declared my PCN too!
I did not involved any body I just phoned them to ask the status i also have 6 month gap between my passports i gave them three months cover I think, yeah I provided p60s
Congratulations boss can you give us the phone number to call HO please thank you

amjadboby

Post by amjadboby » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:20 pm

Cadix1976 wrote:
amjadboby wrote:
Congratulations boss can you give us the phone number to call HO please thank you
Thanks mate i phoned this number 03001232253 follow instructions

legit2011

Post by legit2011 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:07 pm

Phone Ho today...same story waiting on results from the last check to arrive. So far nothing negative received from 3rd party checks. I wonder why the last one is taking all the time in the world :shock:

Fingers crosssed, its all well. Congrats to those who have recently received theirs.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:00 pm

legit2011 wrote:Phone Ho today...same story waiting on results from the last check to arrive. So far nothing negative received from 3rd party checks. I wonder why the last one is taking all the time in the world :shock:

Fingers crosssed, its all well. Congrats to those who have recently received theirs.
has HO given you this info? which number did u call?