ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: finacial requirements for Ireland spouse visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

davenjoy

Post by davenjoy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:08 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm Filipina married to an Irish. I met my husband to an online dating site last December 2010 after 6 months exchanging messages he decided to visit me here in Philippines. We had met face to face 7 times before we decided to get married last October 2014.

My husband lived in Bulgaria for 4 years with his 2 kids and his ex-wife before his divorce, he established himself there by having his own real estate company but after his divorce, his ex-wife and 2 kids went back to Cork Ireland and my husband went back to London to his mother.That time my husband was still fighting to get regular visiting access with his two young kids , after the court granted him a regular access he decided to move to Cork Ireland last 2013.

After the wedding last year, we been talking now to live and start life in Ireland. I emailed the Irish consulate here in The Philippines about the procedures on how to apply a spouse visa and the consulate gave link where to apply it. In preparation for my coming over, my husband bought his 3 bed 2 storey detached house in cash worth €145k last year, only this year he started investing to properties in Cork Ireland.He has no job there but he has sufficient money his bank account.

Our next plan is to sort out the business in Cork this year so he can start earning income.Our only worry is his financial status asking by the Irish authority. My husband is starting to build his business again by investing to properties in Cork. He got 400k cash in his bank account to be spend all for the property investment.Our first question is, if he can make €50k per annum, €4k gross per month and € 2,500 net month per month, is that enough evidence that he can meet the minimum level of earnings required?
Our other worry is my husband will spend all €400k for investments just to have a net of 2,500 per month for he has no money left in his bank account. Is it possible to just show the investment properties worth 400k having a monthly income of 2,500 net without showing big amount in his savings account and no mortgages to pay? How much money in savings account will my husband to show to the authorities?

I will really appreciate if someone will reply.
Thank you.God Bless.

Best Regards,

MJ

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:20 pm

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000024
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Family%2 ... cument.pdf

Where Sponsor is Irish Citizen
An Irish citizen, in order to sponsor an immediate family member, must not have been totally or predominantly reliant on benefits from the Irish State for a continuous period in excess of 2 years immediately prior to the application and must over the three year period prior to application have earned a cumulative gross income over and above any State benefits of not less than €40k.

You should read these documents/sites in detail.

davenjoy

Post by davenjoy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:59 pm

Thank you so much chaoclive for the reply.

This is the requirements for finances:

"In the case of a sponsor who is an Irish citizen resident in Ireland evidence that they meet the minimum level of earnings required - P60s for the 3 years immediately prior to the date of your application and 3 recent consecutive payslips."

This is what my husband worry most regarding the P60s because this should be in 3 years, problem is he just started his business this year..it means before I can apply for my visa we have to wait after 3 years?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:56 am

I would expect that his work in the other EU country would also count if he was able to prove this.

In order to make it easier for you guys to be together, he could always consider getting a job in the UK (e.g. Northern Ireland) and you could apply for residence documents in the UK first of all...then move back to ROI. It's another option.

You would need an EEA Family Permit from the British Embassy but this doesn't require proving finances.

davenjoy

Post by davenjoy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:12 am

Chaoclive thank you again for your reply.
My husband business in Bulgaria were closed, his real estate companies and his restaurant after his divorce. My husband now living in South Ireland he chose to live to be closed to his children.
Any recommendation whom we can contact to assist us?

Thank you.

Regards,

Mj.
Last edited by davenjoy on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:50 pm

davenjoy wrote:Chaoclive thank you again for your reply.
My husband business in Bulgaria were closed, his real estate companies and his restaurant after his divorce. My husband now living in South Ireland he chose to live to be close to his children.
Any recommendation whom we can contact to assist us?

Thank you.

Regards,

Mj.
Hi. I think that the only place you can find some information is through the "Spouse of Irish national" unit with INIS. They used to use this email address: INISsinu@justice.ie. Don't know if it still works.

Spouse of Irish National Unit
Immigration Services Section
Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service
13 - 14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2